Witch store/shop

minijunkie

After my surgery, when I get to feeling better, I am going to build a general store kit and make it a witch's store/shop. Would like some ideas on what kinds of stuff to have for sale. I am not looking for stuff like bat wings on a platter or gory foods. I am thinking more of herbs and stuff in jars, tarot items, etc.

~Bobbi

crystal balls are easy to make.

oijia boards, candles, herb bundles(hanging) wands, potion bottles

frogs in cages, spells gone wrong, cauldrons, books, morter and pestle,

candlesticks, brooms, material for making capes, jars of eyeballs, glow in the dark mushrooms

I would love to have some sort of general store also for the magic folk.

nutti :sorcerer:

Hi Bobbi,

Sounds like you have some great ideas for your witches store. One of my first houses was a witches house and I had a great time making little witchy things for it.

I bought little clear jars and filled them with herbs and spices like mustard seeds (eye of newt), caraway seeds (toe of frog), cayanne pepper flakes (dragon scales), poppy seeds (bat's ears), sesame seeds (basalisk bones) and parsley. Here's a picture if you'd like to see what they look like:

My witch also needed tarot cards, so I found pictures of a deck I liked and copied the jpegs into a word document, then sized them down to mini scale. I printed them out on photo paper, cut them out and voila, a nice little deck. I did the same thing with witches charts, hexes and spells and printed them on parchment and burned the edges to age them.

I'm starting on a wizard's house and just furnished a couple of cabinets for him using potion bottles made from beads and a few other odds and ends.

Hope that helps.

Deb

Sounds like a lot of good responses and ideas already

Tarot cards are a must like Deb said and charts and books but don't forget ye old Besom's (Brooms) and staffs and crystals - not just the crystal balls though those are another must have item but also mini geods and crystal shards, pendulums, dowsing rods, mini incense burners and altar items, cloaks, mini jewelry, mini boxes to put mini magical items in, some egyptian stuff perhaps, Hats, perhaps some plants too. And as far as what herbs - don't forget wolfsbane and garlic heheh :wave: there's also All Heal, Colt's Foot, Eyebright, Feverfew, Hens Bane, Aconite, Bull's Foot, Hawk's Heart, Bloodwort, Dragon's Blood, Hagthorne, Horses Tongue, Maiden's Ruin, and a host of other old folk names for plants that would make great labels for herbs.

-David

Ahh and don't forget those bags with grave yeard dirt put in the bags under a full moon LOL...

Pentagram lockets and trinkets like that, perhaps some nice dragon statues as well as staffs

And one day I defnitiley just neeeeed to make a withcy shop just for me....

Hugs

Oh, you all have such fantastic ideas! You're making me want to do a witch's or warlock's shop!! Hmm . . . perhaps if I win a Haunted House I'll do just that!! :)

Oh, you all have such fantastic ideas! You're making me want to do a witche's or warlock's shop!! Hmm . . . perhaps if I win a Haunted House I'll do just that!! :)

Well see you know that is sort of my idea as well as I have planned the ohters allready and am really contenet with the ideas I have for that a swell witht he Egyptologue fellow residing in the added on basmeemtn, the book shop/mystical shop in the groiund floor and the living quarters for my "modenr today's witchy lady" inspired by long skirts, lots of frills, long hair and lots of golden jewllery, a table with a tarot redin in progress perhaps and celestial charts here and there.....

Hugs

It's amazing how so many miniaturists are also interested in magical settings! You all have covered so much - I'm not sure if I'd be repeating ideas so I'll only mention a couple ... a basket of witch's cat's kittens for sale (after their appropriate training, of course), a range of bird's feathers necessary for spells, stirring, painting symbols, etc. and perhaps some slightly humourous items such as Time Travel Sickness Pills. :hide: