New York Daily News Article

queenannediva

Miniatures are getting some big publicity this week. First on CSI and now an article in the New York Daily News Business Section. It's a fun read.

http://www.nydailynews.com/business/story/...6p-383362c.html

Valerie

P.S. For anyone that might have missed it. In the June issue of the Smithsonian magazine there also was an article about minis.

http://www.smithsonianmagazine.com/issues/2006/june/last.php

Thank you. I know we come off as a little obsessive-- okay, a lot obsessive-- but at least we have a sense of humor about it. (And I'd love to run thru that guy's New York store late at night with a black plastic bag and a clean way out!)

Now, now... :: smirk :: We are no more obsessive than other hobbyists; I'm related to a remote control airplane enthusiast--talk about obsessive...

I happily admit that my control-freakishness is better off being channeled into something like miniatures than at my husband. ::hee hee::

I'm glad there's publicity. I see too many little shops going out of business for lack of patronage.

Maybe we'll see better attendance at shows for a while?

Awesome article! I'd love to walk through that shop but I doubt if I could afford anything - still it would be fun just to look ;) I have one hand made violin.. it lost its bow somewhere before I bought the violin. It's not perfect but I Love it! I'd love to see more handmade stuff like that! Looks like I need to start some serious planning to attend a larger mini show so I can feed my mini addiction more heheheh :rolleyes:

-David

Thanks for sharing the article. Don't you just love to read stuff like that? Love the quote:

"We have play dates,"

Some of their jokes are about things only miniaturists like Melendez and her friends would understand.

You all know what that means.....