Calico Critters

More Minis Dollhouses

• 10 months later...

calico and sylvanian are rival brands. there's also another brand called forest families or maple town i think. anyone know what scale these are? I know they are smaller than 1/12 but not sure exactly what scale they are. My friend just graduated from pastry arts school and i was thinking of making her a half scale bakery with the brimbles and I'm looking for inexpensive stuff to put inside.

Thanks Holly. I stupidly didn't read through this thread and i see that it was covered a few posts up too. lol

I mostly just want to use the furniture and accessories. no interest in the animals. hopefully the stuff will look good in a half scale house if i ever get around to doing this project. I plan for it to have a kind of cartoonish vibe similar to her favorite facebook game, Baking Life, which was cancelled. so i'm not too concerned if the scale is a bit off. If you google image baking life you'll see what i'm going for

I bought my granddaughter a Calico Critters dollhouse last month. The accessories would have been fine for 1" scale and I was tempted to hold on to them, since she's just 2 & 1/2 and they'd get lost in the carpet etc. in no time. The furniture was much bigger than the 1/2" scale stuff I sell, but smaller than 1".

The table and chair legs are very short because the Critters are short, cute and stumpy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

One of my first toys was a little girl bunny from Calico critters! Thats probably why its taken me so long to rediscover them. My boyfriend fell in love with them recently and now i so have i! I remembered that i had an Artminds Fantasy dollhouse kit saved for a rainy day project. Now im gutting the thing to make it bigger inside.....never really cared for the "fantasy dollhouse kit". The stairwell is definately coming out. Hopefully my critter family will fit inside.

top.pngA bullfrog family of Calico Critters lives on my 1:24 houseboat. They're a tad large, but look just fine when strategically placed -- away from furniture. What is the scale on your Fantasy house?

One thing that has added to my delay in allowing myself to get a critter family...the family i wanted most isnt my favorite! My family owns a commercial clam diving company, and the calico critters otters are decorated with little clam accessories. My boyfriend instantly fell in love with the otter family too, so now there is a critter family under the Christmas tree....lol

By the way, i was looking at another brands flocked animal doll families and was wondering if there were other brands that make similar products? They were called "Lil Woodzeez ". Im not too worried about their quality - i was just happy to see more variety out there for collectors. I will probably get the turtles and the owls if i can track them down.

• 3 weeks later...

So i had to go on a trip for business and was able to stop at a Target store and grab myself a couple of families of Lil Woodzeez. The nearest place to get them is 2 hours away. So even though they were sold out of the animal families i had wanted, i still had to grab the last Tippytails Fox family, and a Swiftysweeper Hedgehog family. I love the color scheme of the fox family! Admittedly, the packaging is Hard to remove. But all it took was some finesse, and the packaging didnt need to be destroyed in the process.

I have the hedgehog family. Haven't used them in any build but they certainly cute.

Maybe you could put a search into Ebay and get a notification if the ones you really want should come up for sale.

Yes, there are other brands that make these types of cute critters. I saw some at Target that weren't Calico but they were similar and really cute too. They were also cheaper. I love the accessories too. They are adorable.

Yes, there are other brands that make these types of cute critters. I saw some at Target that weren't Calico but they were similar and really cute too. They were also cheaper. I love the accessories too. They are adorable.

Yeah, those cuties at Target are 'Li'l Woodzeez ' from Battat.