Gluing doublehung windows to Orchid- white or wood?

Hello. I have just completed gluing my windows to the sashes with white Tacky glue and am preparing to glue them to my Orchid. Should I use the Tacky glue for this step or should I go with wood glue? I don't want to mess them up by making the wrong choice.

Also, I used a bit much glue on the first window I glued (the front door unfortunately) and glue seemed to get everywhere. I tried to wipe it off but only succeeded in smearing it across the plastic. Does anyone know how to fix this mistake?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Either type is fine for gluing the windows onto the house. Use whichever you think will be less messy. :) (My wood glue is very runny, so for me that would be the tacky glue!)

As for getting the glue off the window insert, you might try a bit of water, but that might just cloud up the plastic. I'm not sure. If it were me, I would probably replace it with another insert (if I had one available). Since these have designs on them, though, you might not have that option...

I use Tacky Glue for almost everything. How big is the glue smudge? A few things I can think of to try if youre desperate and cant replace it, are using clear Gallery Glass (sold at Micheals or Hobby Lobby,etc. for stained glass)or even clear nail polish, applied over the plastic to make it appear like old wavy glass. Another thing that might work if its not too bad is to make a curtain for the window so the plastic isn't seen as much.

When I have too much glue I go ahead and take the insert off and wash the glue off with clear water and dry the window insert with a paper towel, then wipe off the excess from the frame. Then I put the insert back on the frame and let the remaining tacky glue bond with the insert. When the assembly is dry I apply a minute bead of wood glue to the inside edge of the frame and glue it into place.

Rubbing alcohol seems to be the cure for a gazillion things. I'd give it a shot with a q-tip and then dry well when done. :) Nail polish remover might work, too, but I don't know what that would do to the plastic....