Danville KY miniature museum

Luanne

For our vacation, my hubby kept talking about a surprise that we both would like. He is not into miniatures, so I couldn't not have guessed this. I found out we were going here 1 minute before we actually pulled up to the museum

It even has a miniature shop attached to it. I found some goodies. Here are the links.

http://www.thedollhousemuseum.com/video-miniature-mischief.htm

http://www.thedollhousemuseum.com/exhibits.htm

Luanne, lucky you! What a great surprise from your wonderful husband! I haven't been there for a couple of years and am delighted to see that Lori has expanded the shop area, and the website is much improved as well. The videos on her website are terrific.

I have some photos of our visit in my blog.

Absolutely, Holly!

BTW ... I noticed that in the Exhibits section of the website, if you scroll down to the Contemporary Artisan Miniatures, the first photo is an original Brooke Tucker room box. It is the same design that I bashed into the quilt shop room box, even down to the strangely pieced together latticework. Photos of the bare bones room box are on my blog. One thing I do know is that all of the houses in the museum are lighted with LED lights, so I'm confident that the large (read fire hazard) bulbs in the original boxes have been replaced.

A cousin who took a class with Brook Tucker some years ago started the room box and never finished it. She passed it on to me.

...if you scroll down to the Contemporary Artisan Miniatures, the first photo is an original Brooke Tucker room box. It is the same design that I bashed into the quilt shop room box, even down to the strangely pieced together latticework...
Ah, so! I thought it looked familiar, when I saw it; of course, I had to look at all the eye candy; each of my eyeballs has gained 10 lbs just looking!

@ Beverly: Thanks for the link. I'm so glad to know she is getting such good publicity. The museum truly is a gem and she and her family have worked very hard to make it the quality operation that it is.

@ Holly: And if you think the museum is a gem, wait until you see Danville itself. The Civil War pretty much missed it, and the result is street after street of real life 19th century doll houses. Do plan to stay overnight in the area. You could easily do two visits to the museum and spend some time in the quaint downtown/square area and do some driving around looking at houses.

My friends planned a road trip from New Jersey to Tennessee, and as I was busy with school, I let them do most of the planning. About two weeks before we left, I found out they added the Great American Dollhouse Museum to the tour because they knew I wanted to go there. I felt like I was in Disneyland.