Alison and Alison Jr.

Blondie

Someone near me is selling a RGT dollhouse from Hobby Lobby that was purchased a few years ago for a pretty penny, which makes me think it was a finished house (it's now deeply discounted). I looked up the offerings, and it's either an Alison or an Alision Jr. Other than the price, I can't seem to figure out the difference between these houses. Perhaps the Alison is a "finished house" and Alison Jr. is an "unfinished kit"?

Here are the search results from the RGT site for "Alison": http://www.realgoodtoys.com/store/search//0/10/?Query=alison You can see the two versions -- thoughts?

They have a new Twitter account, so I queried them about it. I don't know if they'll reply, so I thought I'd see if any of you know the answer. Also, I've never owned a RGT house or kit. It looks kinda BIG. Yes?

Thanks!!

OK, here is the verdict. I emailed RGT and a very helpful person replied back that there are a few differences between the finished house you can purchase (Alison) and the unfinished kit (Alison Jr.), so they have different names for that reason. They are both truly stunning houses, methinks. However, since I have so many projects at this time, I'm going to hold off on purchasing the used one that I saw. If I do go for it one day, I'll want to build it on my own from the Jr. kit. Thank you for the encouragement to email RGT directly. It seems like the most obvious thing to do, but sometimes my common sense gets misplaced...