Concerning trolls

CatColorado

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fairy troll? :) :lol: That, I've gotta see B)

What kind of clothes/look do you want for your troll, Linda? That will help me determine the best method for achieving that. Do you have any paint or twine/string?

You're asking me if I have paint? Me? Yeah! Lots of paint! Except white ... gotta get some more white semi-gloss.

I kinda wanted to put just a shirt on him and a pair of pants, with a rope belt, with his belly hanging out, LOL! He doesn't need any shoes.

I want to dress my troll in pants and maybe a vest so his belly hangs out to. I'm thinking about some type of a hat. Since I dont really know how to wig him I figured it might help hold his hair on.

I had alot of fun doing this,and I hope we have another project to do. Thanks Cat.

Well, I am thinking on the lines of a Bad Fairy LOL. He still might just be a troll though. We'll see He hee he hee.

Here is his hands, I put them on the wrong arm LOL.

post-4-1134600621_thumb.jpg

Edited by My Mini Shop

I had alot of fun doing this,and I hope we have another project to do. Thanks Cat.

Hopefully, next time I will be a little better prepared. I just ran out of time. Do we want to continue this theme into another project? Here's a tip that I discovered: Large chip bark mulch makes great in-scale fallen trees and logs. Here's my unfinished troll sitting on a mulch log...

post-22-1121195123_thumb.jpg

Boy I take a weekend off and look what I missed. I absolutely loved watching your trolls take shape and wish I had participated. Great job everyone. Linda I hope you are feeling better. The weather here has everyone's sinus mess up also, so I feel your pain.

I'll have to get some clay and try this soon. Thanks for the lessons that we can use at a later date.

Peggi

Hopefully, next time I will be a little better prepared.  I just ran out of time.  Do we want to continue this theme into another project?  Here's a tip that I discovered:  Large chip bark mulch makes great in-scale fallen trees and logs.  Here's my unfinished troll sitting on a mulch log...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He looks fabulous Cat!

Boy I take a weekend off and look what I missed.  I absolutely loved watching your trolls take shape and wish I had participated.  Great job everyone.  Linda I hope you are feeling better.  The weather here has everyone's sinus mess up also, so I feel your pain.

I'll  have to get some clay and try this soon.  Thanks for the lessons that we can use at a later date.

Peggi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for caring Peggi, and I am much better now! At least until the next weather pattern change anyway ...

Great idea Cat. I'm going to check out my neighbors flowerbeds, she put new mulch down this week-end.

Any wigging tips you have are appriciated. I have the hair I want to use and I may give him a beard.

My trollette isn't coming along very well. she won't stand. But now that I know about the mulch logs maybe she'll sit.

Great idea Cat. I'm going to check out my neighbors flowerbeds, she put new mulch down this week-end

Oh boy, what have I started B) :) :lol:

I forgot to post this before but I love your troll, Linda! His pot belly is the cutest thing. :)

Boy I take a weekend off and look what I missed.  I absolutely loved watching your trolls take shape and wish I had participated.  Great job everyone.  Linda I hope you are feeling better.  The weather here has everyone's sinus mess up also, so I feel your pain.

I'll  have to get some clay and try this soon.  Thanks for the lessons that we can use at a later date.

Peggi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Peggi, make sure to post your pictures or give us a link when you make your troll. :lol: As soon as I get some pictures of finished trolls, I'm going to post them in the gallery. :)

Any wigging tips you have are appriciated. I have the hair I want to use and I may give him a beard.
What are you using for hair? Do you want him to have a long stringy beard or a trimmed one?

Cat, What other kind of projects in this theme do you have in mind?

A stew pot, because every self respecting troll should have a stew pot. I was also thinking (maybe) of a troll hut or cave...

A troll hut would be great :D How big would it have to be? And what would it be made out of? Of course a stew pot. I found some good mulch "logs" today and I'm going to play with getting trollette to sit. I was toying with the idea of making some twig chairs and maybe a table. I've never tried making any before but it doesn't seem to hard. After all they don't have to be perfect. As for troll hair, I have stuff that is used in costuming, and at halloween that is used to make beards. On people it is applied with spirit gum but I'm going to use tacky glue. It comes in black, brown and grey, and is soft when combed.

With that kind of hair, a little goes a long way. Use about a 1/4 of what you think you need. Add the hair in layers, first layer to cover the skull, and subsequent layers to get the look you want. I usually use tacky glue for the first layer and a thinner, clear drying glue (like Elmer's) for the rest. This is assuming that the hair is loose. If the hair is tangled and you want to smooth it a bit, spray hair conditioner works very well.

I was thinking something small for the hut. This time, I'm going to write everything out a head of time. The stew pot will be first because it's easy (I hope).

Hey Cat

perhaps its time to move this thread from the swap area....put this in the DIY area and label us Troll 101 :(

cant wait to try more. is there a book out there that shows how to sculpt faces like the one I tried to copy you made. I have searched high and low and I just cant find any dolls cheep which I can afford or expensive...they just dont have the look I have in mind. I did like my troll and plan on doing another. and very eager to do more.

nutti :D