I got him addicted!!!!

ladybug324

I think I finally did it - I got my boyfriend to be addicted to miniatures. I've been working on the October swap project and was having some troubles using my dremel (I'm still learning!). So my bf tried showing me how to use it.

Now he's so excited about it, that he's off and running! He's printed out his own plans for furniture and he's making them! Every time he makes a new piece he runs to me with it and shows it to me proudly.

Teehee...it's great seeing him all excited about a hobby that I'm also excited about. Yay! :D

That's so awesome to have a significant other who shares your enthusiasm about miniatures but it does seem to run that way rather often :D and all I can say is - what lucky couples to have a hobby they both enjoy and can share!

-David

He's printed out his own plans for furniture and he's making them! Every time he makes a new piece he runs to me with it and shows it to me proudly.

How cool is that? Now he can make lots of furniture to furnish your dollhouses! :D

You're surprised? Guys like building things. They don't have to be full scale tanks. We like to use tools, and make things. All guys are interested in building stuff, you just have to create the window. It's a dolls house. No it aint, it's a miniature house model. See it's in the phrasing. I need help with the power tools. See how easy it is, and every guy out there will be on board.

:D LOL!!! :D

Oh, you guys crack me up. ;)

I had to read all of your responses to my bf and he cracked up too. :lol: Especially this last one - you just gotta phrase it right!!! hahahahahaha!!!!! :lol:

Now I know where I've been going wrong all these years. I need to add some power tools to the DH mix to get DH interested! :D

This tip could change my life! All I get now are exasperated sighs and questions about how a mini chair could cost so much. :D

I think today will be for dremel tool shopping!

I think today will be for dremel tool shopping!

Yay Krista! :D

Yes, it was actually my bf that suggested I get a dremel. I didn't even know what it was until he told me about it. I think he was more excited about getting a dremel than I was! As soon as we brought that thing home he immediately started using it for all sorts of things.

You're surprised? Guys like building things. They don't have to be full scale tanks. We like to use tools, and make things. All guys are interested in building stuff, you just have to create the window. It's a dolls house. No it aint, it's a miniature house model. See it's in the phrasing. I need help with the power tools. See how easy it is, and every guy out there will be on board.

Works around my house just about everytime. :D:D :lol:

I'm just learning to use the dremel, my first lesson was cutting the holes in the harrison roof. DH was standing over me just in case. He loves his power tools and will do anything I ask, which is really nice. He told me that he would never help on any of my houses, but he has B) . He's helping me with the garf addition, telling me I should be doing this or that :blink: . And he also told me when I am ready to wire anything tell him and he'll do it for me. He enjoys working with me on the houses he just won't admit it to anyone, especially me :D .