Which Easy Cutter Should I Buy?

Rowan555

I got mine at Hobby Lobby and the only one offered was the larger one

but when we were in class last march I was able to use Tracy's smaller one and found it much easier on the hand to use

they all do the same thing so you cant go wrong when choosing

I love my easy cutter!

if I HAD to buy a tool other than the basics needed for building this would be the one I would pick

I use this cutter almost daily for all kinds of things

nutti :lol:

Wow,

Wish I could help here - those look like really great prices. All I know is I love my Easycutter. I don't have the Ultimate or the Pro - just the standard one. It's an awesome tool and I use it a Lot! I think which ever one you decide on you won't be disappointed.

-David

Look at that! The Easy Cutter Ultimate even has a bottle opener!! :D

Wow, those are great prices! That's going on my wish list!!

A bottle opener? :lol: It's kind of a Swiss Army Knife for miniaturists :p

Look at that! The Easy Cutter Ultimate even has a bottle opener!! :lol:

Um, Teresa dear, I really don't think you need a bottle open when you're working with sharp, pointy things. <cackle> I try to confine my open bottles to when I'm doing something relatively harmless like painting.

Those really are great prices on the Easy Cutter. I paid around $25 for mine. As for the size, I think it would depend on how large your hands are. If you have small hands, the smaller ones would be a lot more comfortable to use. I've got the Pro and even tho I have long fingers, it's still sometimes hard to get a solid grip on it when cutting a thick piece of wood.

Deb

I spent a lot of time deciding which one to get and ended up with the Ultimate. I liked the adjustable guides that will hold the piece of wood on the desired angle, no slipping of wood. I love it, the best tool I have. It will cut thick pieces (1/2") of wood, but must admit that it takes some hand strength to do so.

As for the bottle opener on the end, I have yet to use it. Will have to agree, that drinking and wielding sharp knifes not a good idea.

I'd go with the Pro, that's a great price, and the attachments are actually useful. Does the bottle opener (WTH is that all about?) act as an adjustable rip fence on the ultimate?