Using Scrapbook Paper on the Walls

Rowan555

Oh oh oh...

I'm a scrapbooker and using the paper as wallpaper never crossed my mind! :thumb:

There's some really beautiful papers that have a fuzzy flocked pattern, they look and feel like real wallpaper. Like this one by Heidi Grace.

I got some in the mail a couple days back and now I think I need to go browse through it all with wallpaper on my mind :lol:

Wow ... flocked! My first apartment, shared with my sister right after graduation from college, was in an old brownstone in Chicago. It had flocked wallpaper in the livingroom, which overlooked Bughouse Square, the Newberry Library, and the HQ of the Salvation Army. The memories are flooding back ... and I'm thinking the dining room of the Pierce ... flocked paper above, rich walnut-stained wainscoting below.

Thanks for the memory job, Susanna!

[quote name

Fabric is a little trickier. Rather than putting it directly on the wall of the house you might find that creating a false wall works better for fabric covering. That is, cut a piece of heavy card the same size/shape as the wall, cover it with fabric then place it up against the house wall. Repositional spray glue will hold the false wall in place.

I had thought about scrapbook paper, I seen some I really liked.....going back today to see if they still have it......I was also wondering if you could use regular wall paper ......if anyone has any suggestion....I would like to hear them...... :wave:

yes regular wallpaper works nicely if you find it in scale.

also you can use certain borders for a mural lookk.

and at walmarts they have textured wallpaper that works great for ceilings and Deb shared with us you can also paint it with good results for use on walls for textured walls.

these can definatly be cheeper things to use than dollhouse wallpaper.

like using upolstery materal for carpet.

I like trying to get the nicest look for the cheepest price.

more dollhouse building for me that way! :D:wave::wave:

nutti :evil:

I've used sample real wallpaper for my dh. If you're lucky enough they will give you free the outdated wallpaper sample books. I loaded up one day at a store and have used it for not only wallpaper but floor and ceiling coverings.

I have used real wallpaper, scrapbook paper, giftwrap, shelf-covering and newspaper (classified ads, especially the legal notices, have extrememly tiny type) to cover dh walls, and I usually use regular premixed wallpaper paste straight from the bucket. I haven't tried printing paper off the 'puter yet, because I have so many other sources to choose from.