Hello from Down Under

CHDandME

Hello everyone

A dear friend Chris gave me this link. I am a mini maker and collector mostly 1:12th scale. I live in the tropical north of Queensland Australia in Cairns. I have many houses and room boxes, I will later on get to and share some photos but for now just popping in and say gday as I am half way through cleaning my real house. My website is www.flutterbuts.com however this is in the process of being moved and also refabbed to be more about my miniatures and less about my reborn dolls. Below is a pic of my latest collection that I am working on for dollshouses. Ask any and all questions I am not good at these intro things, I always sound like a Miss World contestant when I try,lol.

OH are there any pictures size limits or anything on this board? If I break a rule do let me know. I have also added a pic of one of my wee cakes I make.

Bedroomset1.jpg

ChocCakeRedset1.jpg

Welcome to the forum Tammi. I like your pictures, the colors are so nice. Did you do your floor? Nice pattern. The cake looks yummy.

!WELCOME!

so glad you came to join us!

LOVED your room boxes and Holly is right about those curtains! totally fabulous!

looking forward to seeing more

Welcome

nutti

:D

Hello everyone and thankyou for the warm welcome. I didnt get an email notification that replies had been made so I hope you are all awake still. Can anyone tell me how to switch that feature on if its on this board?

I would love to do a tutorial for making the curtains its very easy to do, but a lot of sewing and ironing,lol. I will post the tutorial that I did for Australian Dolls and Bears mag once its been published, I signed a contract not to show it anywhere till after its been published though so better stick to it, did the same for my cake tutorial but can post that one too if anyone wants it, its again very easy to do.

I am still running around here on and off the computer doing mummy time with my darling boys but once they are tucked up in bed I will come down and have a good look around at everything and no doubt ask a billions questions of everyone along with make a lot of OMG and awwwwwww I want that sounds along the way.

Cheers Tam :D

Sorry Peggi, the floor is a printed flooring from Printables.com I did it onto semi gloss photo paper and glued it down, looks great for the purpose of my display box but in person it looks like a printed floor. I have been photographing reborns for the last 2yrs so have learnt to capture the tiniest details with my camera, has come in handy when photographing miniatures. That and the gorgeous forever summer climate I live in here, no winter haze here.

As promised some pics of my messy dollshouse corner I will post them as links to click then I know it wont take up to much loading time for everyone

My houses and roomboxes

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/Ham...e/Dhclutter.jpg

My first complete assembly job, I was shocked at this one when it arrived and not just a bit scared. I have until this never done it all so to speak, but it has been fun, if not perfect. This is going to become a Hansal and Gretal witches cottage that my sons want me to make, I am working on all the sculpting all the characters at the moment and we will have to roughen this cottage up a bit to make it less pristine looking and more woodland.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/Ham.../dhclutter5.jpg

This is a link to the progress of my major project I am working on thus far.

http://www.flutterbuts.com/DHprojectchurch.htm

Tammi, I just got the Orchid, we are leaving the end of the week on a road trip, so the kit is going with us & I hope to build it whilst we're on the road.

Are those some prospective reborn dolls off in the corner?

The church (St Anthony's on the Brink?) is GREAT! I can't wait to see how you do the pews & kneelers. Are you going to make altar linens and vestments to change for the seasons?

LOL they are or could be reborns waiting but for now they are my personal collection dolls. The church is a work in progress it all sounded so simple when I first thought of the idea, now it seems so scary, I have never done lighting before and we have different power circuits to the US so its not even a simple case of buy this and that, I need to find the time to go my local train set hobby shop and get some advice from them on it all. The pews I am going to make from very simple template and cut from MDF I think and then give them a woodgrain look or venere (sp?) them. I will have to make some linens for the alter etc but not sure about seasonal ones, I intend to set this up as a wedding scene, just have to make all the dolls yet.

On the reborn question, this is my reborn room, how embarassing is this mess? Its also my office, sewing room, sculpting room and general arts and crafts mess of a room, somewhere in here is also my tradional studio but its kinda pushed into a corner these days.

DRoom.jpg

I always enjoy looking at other peoples work areas!

I find it interresting to see how they set up shop...and can I get any ideas for my own work space.

you have a really big work area! lucky you!

nutti :D

Yes a very large work area of which that pic only shows part, of course my dollshouse area is upstairs though not in this room so much, though it kinda leaks into every room of the house as I am sure you all know. The only ideas you would get from mine are negative ones I am afraid, I soooo need to clean this mess up down here, to much going on in one room is not a good idea, I need to spend a whole weekend and redesign the layout of this workroom so that each function has its own station again.

Hi Tam! Glad to see you found your way over. Have you peeked into anyone's galleries yet? There are some awesome houses and ideas.

I wish I had a work room as big as yours. Mine is an 8x10 room that is my sewing room, dollhouse workroom and computer room/office. But the one good thing is the mess is MINE. No one else ventures in -- they are afraid they won't find their way out! LOL

Well, glad to see you found your way ok -- now you can share your awesome creations with this great folks here! Your church even inspired me to put "stained glass" in the attic window dormer of my dollhouse I'm building.