Holly, get your husband!

Sherry

Thanks, but it's by no means done! Right now, I'm trying to fill the wall cupboard with towels, soap, etc, before I hang it on the wall, still need the alarm clock (wind up), oil lamp, all that sort of stuff. I'm having fun making it all, though!

I enjoyed the picture with ol' Sam sitting in his chair. DH didn't remember that shirt, BTW; I appropriated it because he hadn't worn it for some time and the collar was getting a bit threadbare. I still think the fabric made good awning material, but the curtains look great! I also love the bedspread and the rug.

Had to move Sam out of the way for a bit. You know how men are when you want to move the furniture! My next project is making him a nice ratty looking old armchair to sit it. He's getting on in years and needs something more comfortable for his old bones!

How fun! I never thought of swapping fabric from worn out clothes, but it's delightful! Then when you look at it, you'll think of the benefactor and smile.

Holly, the fabric would great for an awning or those shades they liked to put on the outside of houses!

Thanks, all. I am really having fun messing with this. Such a change from trying to make everything look perfect. I can do 'run down', and it's fun! I got the armchair made last night except for the seat cushion. I will make that tonite, and then look for a teensy cat to scratch up the upholstery for me!

The beat-up armchair reminds me that when we were first married and Westinghouse was sending DH from one factory to another to find him a "fit", one of the furnished apartments we rented was full of thrift store rejects and in order to sit in the stuffed chairs the landlord had collected dozens of old throw rugs and folded and piled them beneath the seat cushions (this was the same apartment that we both had our first, last & only encounter with bedbugs!). One night we came home from dinner out and the heat was turned up for whatever reason (we never did find out which apartment held the building's thermostat; it was a big, old house), too high to bear; so we pulled all the throw rugs out from under all the seat cushions of the chairs & sofa and piled them over our floor registers and opened both the front & back doors (for some reason ALL of our windows were both painted and nailed shut!). Pretty soon all the neighbors in the house were joining us outside and finally the landlord showed up to fix the problem, but since then IMO the hallmark of a really terrible chair includes throw rugs under the seat cushion!