Foxhall Manor Builders?

Brezavaqt

Has anyone built a Foxhall Manor? I'm trying to cut the dentil trim around the roof ledges and it's driving me crazy. I can't seem to get the edges to match up. Any suggestions/advice? I thought about just cutting them square instead of trying to get them angled correctly. HELP!!

Wow, I can see why you're having problems. I would probably try to square off the edges so that it still looks like one "tooth" then a skip. If you can't do that I think that just butting them up together and filling in the crack would be just fine. :bear:

Hi Sabrina!

I have never built Foxhall Manor, but I have a trick for getting those angled cuts to match. Try to get them as close as you can by cutting, sanding, etc. To hide any gaps that might still be there, us a silicone based caulk to fill. With your finger or a damp rag, you can smooth it out, and once painted, the gaps are almost invisible. I use this all the time when painting any kind of trim, and have such problems with gaps.

It also works wonders with painted ceiling molding not fitting flush against the ceiling. A little bead of caulk, smoothed over with your finger or a damp rag will hide the imperfections!

This is a 1:1 painter's trick I learned a few years ago, and it has saved my frazzled nerves when I am being a perfectionist with my work!

Matt

I've got a Foxhall that is getting close to needing the exterior trim! Haven't quite got that far yet! Most of my rooms have wallpaper and a couple of rooms have flooring. All the exterior painting is done, save for the trim! I've been bitten by the dollhouse bug and plan to work on this house this weekend. i'm on call for work tho and have to work most of tomorrow, but hoping to jump right into it when i get home tomorrow! i'll have to check out your progress! :bear:

• 1 month later...

Thanks SO much everyone. I was so "put off" by the trim work that I just stopped and started working on my Thornhill. LOL. Guess I can get back to it now. With Xmas rapidly approaching, I want to have ONE of my homes finished so I can at least decorate it for Xmas!!