philly show anyone?

I figured I would ask if anyone is going to the philly miniaturia next month....I will have a booth at the show and hope to meet someone!!!! :) I am really excited and kind of nervous. havent done the show before and it is a 3 day drive. But i also get to stop in a town in PA named after my ancestors so that will be fun too!

I usually go but the Syracuse club is not taking a bus down this year and I do not feel confident enough to drive by myself all the way down with my eye still not all the way back to normal. I have not really bought much over the past couple of years since I had collected stuff for the majority of my UFP and I have enough stuff to keep me busy but I always enjoyed the mini mingling and seeing new dealers and artists. It would have been neat to meat up with you. Good Luck!!!!

aw! I hope your eye gets better. I too find mingling and talking with people is so much half the fun! of course i do need to make money to pay for it all though LOL I am a bit nervous also about driving into such a populated area! I have never been to NY and hope to have time, if the show does well for me, to head to NY for a day, will take other transport than my car though LOL

I'd kill to go there, but the truth is, I can't tolerate a car trip for that distance. I wouldn't be able to walk around the show, and I don't yet own a scooter (my BIG dream). Regular insurance will argue that it's a Workman's compensation duty, and WC would argue that no, it's up to my regular insuance to pay the bill. As a result, I'd be dead before I got my scooter that way.

..so I'll have to save up for it myself. :) :) grrrr Perhaps someday, but not now.

To anyone who goes....Take pics, I'll enjoy it that way! K?

:)

I was SO looking forward to going, but now my weekend is filled - phooey! :) I am trying to justify not attending the one Saturday event so I can drive into Philly that day (I only live an hour away). :) We'll see....

I am in NC about an hour north of Myrtle Beach SC.

I think it will take us around 7 hours. I will have help at the table so maybe I can venture out and find you.

I am working myself crazy here. DC this weekend then Philly in 3 weeks. Trying desperately to get enough dolls for both shows.

How is your work coming along?

Love your work by the way Sherri, mine pales in comparison! Hope to find you or see you. I have no one to help so i will likely not be able to look around much! how long is your drive from sc?

yay Carol!

Sherri, me too, frantically trying to get things together, organized, sculpted, painted, dressed!!! I have never done this big of a show so really want to have as many things as possible! wow DC show too? good luck!!! hope to see you. i am excited and nervous

Hey Julie... I'll be there, it's only about 5 minutes from my house, but this will be my first show to attend. I have only been into this hobby less than a year. I'm hoping to get my hands on some good stuff. I look forward to meeting everyone, it'll be great!

wow only 5 min! and your first show! :monkeydance: what fun!!! you WILL be overloaded! LOL I have only done shows with like 40 or so vendors and that is a lot to see but this show is enormous from what i can tell and I know I am going to be overwhelmed LOL and I don't even get to look around as I will be doing the show alone...well I am sure there will be moments, like before things open up, when i can venture a bit LOL