Kitchen is almost finished

Anya

After 6 weeks I am happy to say I have finished my kitchen units. :D I bought the AGA range as a kit and just spray painted it with car paints and used black enamel. If anyone would like to look at more of these stoves here's the link http://www.gable-end-designs.co.uk/index.html they look so realistic done up.

The units are made from Beacon Hill scrap wood and the tops are coated with shiny PVC film. I made the window blinds by cutting up an old table mat and cutting along the stitching and sealing the thread with heat so it would't frey. I do think that they look quite effective. I didn't make the flooring in the end so I bought individual peel and stick mosaics instead so I cheated there. :D

I've just finished making the table and have just started on the extractor fan to go above the range. I will put on more pics tomorrow. ;)

post-227-1152915709_thumb.jpg

Anya it looks beautiful. You did wonderful work on the cabinets and the blinds look store bought, you must be so proud of them. All the work you put into those it's ok that you 'cheated' with the floor ;) .

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see more pics.

I am glad you like the units :D. None of the units or the blinds were hard to make. If anyone wants to have a go at making their own kitchen units from doll house scrap wood I can give a list of materials I used for mine.

What a wonderful kitchen, love that Aga, I did visit his website and am in awe of his work.

Joan

I know I was amazed too. His kitchen sinks are great and they look so real. All you have to do is polish them up with a bit of wire wool but he doesn't sell the taps :D so I took mine off another kitchen sink unit I had. There is another site who sells some really great taps but I think that they only include them with their custom designed kitchens. Hence you'd have to buy a kitchen with a £400 price tag to get the taps ;) .

Didn't Jojay's sell just the taps?

I have never heard of them. I'll have to look them up. Oh no I hope I won't see some taps that I like more than the ones I've used. Those are pretty much welded onto the sink now. ;)

I am on the Jojays site now. I think the taps I already have are better suited to the sink but now I can't stop looking at the glassware. I love the cranberry glass. :D

Thanks for telling me about the site Havanaholly!

oh, why do you ladies torture me!

I had to look up JoJays. Just had too!

Searching to see if they ship to US.....

Shhhhh! Dont tell hubby.

Oh! The stoves!

Wonderful detail! Your floor looks marvelous and the shade is terrific. ;)

And, if you're up to it after all that work, do share the secrets for making the blind -- I for one might want to try it myself!

Excellent job Anya!

I especially like the aged wallpaper. How cool to see a kitchen that looks lived in!

Carol

Er ;) aged wall paper? :D

If you are talking about the wallpaper that has come away from the wall inbetween the wall cabinets that was where I made the grave mistake of putting my picture rail up before the wall units. Then I realised that if I wanted an extractor fan above the cooker the picture rail would get in the way of that too. I will try my best to make the walls look tidy again hehe.

Charlene

I will put up details about how to make the blind soon. :D

Anya,

You did a FANTABULOUS job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you use for your beautiful counter tops???

Wen

The counter tops are made from PVC film. You can get it in rolls from DIY stores and in different colours. All you have to do is cut it to size and stick it on the worktops.

oh, why do you ladies torture me!

I had to look up JoJays. Just had too!

Searching to see if they ship to US.....

Shhhhh! Dont tell hubby.

Oh! The stoves!

Yes don't tell mine either. :blink: