Finished Exterior......

babypeanutz

So, I think I just about finished the exterior of my house. (Unless I come across something I absolutley must have ;) ) It needed a new paint job and a bit of decoration. Also stained my balconies and stairs. (I know the edges are messy, but they will all be covered in paper)

Basically, I have done whatever I can until my hubby gets around to electrifying!

The new piccies can be seen in my gallery and I would appreciate your expert opinions.

Oh, and thanks to Zippyeliza for letting me know the manufacturer of my house. Unfourtunately, they dont seem to have christened it with a name of its own, so henceforth my house will be known as ''1 Long Row''

Thanks for looking guys.

Good to know I'm not making a total novice hash of it!

greengrocer's delivery man & trike, where did you find him?
I was just browsing Ebay for anything Dollshousey and spotted the trike. It was being sold carrying more modern groceries - bottles of milk, a carton of eggs etc - and I thought that was just what was needed to break up my pavement area. I searched for a few days for the doll. Originally I was just looking for a boy because I thought they were more likely to have done the delivering, but then this guy seemed to fit the bill. He was from Ebay too - and a bargain!

...and you did it all so quickly.

Well my newbie enthusiam meant I had to be doing something to the house nearly everyday. Had my wings clipped now though while I wait for it to be electrified. Then I should really try to stick to a pace more suitable to my budget... ;) :D:D

Believe me when I say this... You do!

You have the vision of what you have done so far and what you plan to do. I never thought I could make anything! And i mean anything. But I figured if I can do what I have already done without any prior knowledge, I can pull off making something like a shelf, or a rug.

I so love your house. So many possibilities.

Have you got ideas on *who* is living there and what kind of decoration you are going for?

Have not yet developed the imagination or the expertise to make my own stuff

You do it by doing, you show the stuff that turned out well and the stuff that didn't become attic contents... There's a list of tutorial sites here and on the web and you can start with those. My first DIY was making fancy bottles out of beads and bead caps! Then I made the bathroom from Patricia King's Making Victorian Dolls' House Furniture substituting what I could find for what she suggested. You will learn that you can make nearly everything out of just about anything, and the printie sites are great places to begin. Start simple. Your mantra is the Little Engine That Could's, "I think I can" biggrin.gif

Now grab those scissors & glue & have at it!

Everyone is right, you can do whatever you put your mind to. You just have to try, if you don't you won't know what you can truely do. I have never done anything without instructions, but one day I seen an unpainted ceramic cat and thought 'hey I can paint that and make it look real' just by using my imagination and my 'real' cat for inspiration. I then put that kind of thinking toward my dh and I came up with the addition on my garfield. It's slow going but you just have to try. ;)