Webs for Haunts

Charlene

I'm stuck...what to use for spider webs? The drapey, floaty kind that hang down from chandeliers & stuff? Help me, please, somebody, 'cause this ain't goin' well! I'm considering checking under the bed for dust gypsies to use -- yuck! :rolleyes:

The first thing that comes to my mind is poly-fill, the stuff you use to fill pillows, stuffed animals, etc. If you would get a little of that and maybe pull it enough it must be thin enough to try to use. Better than going under the bed :( .

Hope this helps a little :rolleyes: .

Annette :blink:

Dryer lint? At least you wouldn't have to go under the bed. Actually polyfill sounds good. Or pull cotton out of pill bottles.

a couple of things I have used

artifical spider webs sold at Halloween the kind in the bag

and ...this will take practice but looks really good is Hot glue

dab on and string it.

if you use wax paper you could probably make some nice webs to hang in the windows and than use the hot glue to stick it in place and make the strings....make any sense to you?

good luck!

nutti :rolleyes:

Actually the fiberfill used in the top of pill bottles is an excellent idea, you take a pinch and very gently tease it and pull it very, very thin on a sheet of waxed paper. Then you can spray it with sealer to hold its shape and glue it where you want it. I like Nutti's idea for the hot glue, the trick is to be able to string it out, I guess you could use a blow-dryer and toothpicks to draw it into weblike consistency.

I've got to throw my lot in with Nutti here - the best thing I've ever seen for spiderwebs is hot glue especially if you have a high temp hot glue gun those strands can be more thin than a human hair and it looks great BUT - I have to say I've never used it in miniatures. I just tend to get those super fine strands anyway. Also like Nutti said the fake spiderwebs they sell in the bag around halloween is realy easy to use - you just have to pull it very thin and fine and you can find them off season sometimes at yardsales and thrift shops. I might even have some around here somewhere if I can find it.

-David

You guys are tops!

Gonna try the hot glue/wax paper thing -- all I ever get with hot glue is string anyway, so it totally makes sense....meanwhile, I'll check for that fine cotton stuff that comes in Rx bottles in case I like that look better. Anything is better than crawling around under the bed.

In the summer last year I put a few tiny spiders into the Beacon Hill, by the time october was here it had such nice webs growing in it. Sadly a friend came over and saw tham and decided to " clean " house for me and knocked them all down. I was mad. I may go on a spider hunt for some to toss in there this year as well.

Melissa

In the summer last year I put a few tiny spiders into the Beacon Hill, by the time october was here it had such nice webs growing in it. Sadly a friend came over and saw tham and decided to " clean " house for me and knocked them all down. I was mad. I may go on a spider hunt for some to toss in there this year as well.

Melissa

(ROFLMBO) Uhuh, gee thanks for the tip, Melissa, but I'm not that into realism -- I think I'll stick to the artificial type!

The Halloween spider webbing works great if you pull it thin enough. Now that the Fourth of July is almost over, the stores should be getting in the fall supplies. My local craft store already has fall ribbon and silk flowers out. Check the dollar stores in a few weeks.