Do you belive in Fairies?

gemlady

I work in a greenhouse nusery, The other day I found some mushrooms that grow like little cups.

They where all under the big trees in the back of the lot.

I had a family that wanted to buy a tree.

The children where being children!

They found the mushrooms and where asking questions. I finely told them that the fairies that live here at the Garden center had a tea party last night and left their tea cups laying around, by the looks of it, it was a Big celabration because almost all of the trees in one spot had tea cups every where.

I must of frightened the fairies that morning and they left the cups there. I did not know where their house was so I could ask them to clean up the mess.Needless to say the children where thrilled to see that fairies really did live here and they tried to help me find their house. They where very careful and quiet !!!!! and their mom and dad found a tree to take home.

Thank goodness for us mini people and our imagnation,

I sold a tree and the children where very good and did not distroy any thing.

Had a great time with my story.

Donna

Cool Story Donna

And what a help with the kids! You know growing up we lived on a rather unusual piece of property - it was oddly shaped, very long, one of the few dirt driveways left in that town and had a fairly unusual history to boot (great for Ghost stories hehe). Anyway every year we'd find fairy rings growing in the front yard - sometimes in the middle yard or back yard but Every year in the front yard and I'd patiently wait for the full moon determined that if I could just find a place to hide that on midnight under the full moon the fairies would come out and I'd finally get to see them.. I never did manange to stay awake that late, but I'll never forget how it felt to believe in fairies or how magical those rings seemed to be as a kid ;)

-David

About every three or four years a fairy ring pops up in our yard.

One of the things I enjoy about kayaking is how friendly the dragonflies seem to be, they'll fly over & land on the deck or hover in front of our faces as if saying, "Aren't I pretty?" (They most assuredly are Nature's little jewels!) When I was little I used to wonder if fairies rode on them.

I still believe in faeries. When little things come up missing around the house, I'm pretty sure they're responsible so I leave out candy or a dish of honey or wine for them and the missing item usually comes back.

Do you know that if you step in a faerie ring on a moonlit night, the faeries can take you for their own?

Deb

I still believe in faeries. When little things come up missing around the house, I'm pretty sure they're responsible so I leave out candy or a dish of honey or wine for them and the missing item usually comes back.

Do you know that if you step in a faerie ring on a moonlit night, the faeries can take you for their own?

Deb

I was always very careful as a kid not to step into a fairy ring until after they had they're gathering and celebration.. not cause I'd heard they could take you for one of their own but because I was told it would ruin thier circle and they wouldn't come... Didn't want to ruin their party - besides I always planned to stay up but I was one of those kids that was konk! out like a light at 9 pm. but once the ring started to look a bit shabby I'd always have to stand inside it heheh - ok so I was a weird kid at least it's nothing new ;)

About every three or four years a fairy ring pops up in our yard.

One of the things I enjoy about kayaking is how friendly the dragonflies seem to be, they'll fly over & land on the deck or hover in front of our faces as if saying, "Aren't I pretty?" (They most assuredly are Nature's little jewels!) When I was little I used to wonder if fairies rode on them.

Holly - two of my favorite critters are Frogs and Dragonflies! When I put in my little pond that was the first thing I really started looking for and when the first dragonfly showed up to land on a lillypad I was thrilled! And it was followed coincidently not too long after by our first frog :lol: Woohoo now where the heck are my fairy rings?? I can stay up till midnight now heheh :)

-David

Since Dragonflies (a personal fave) have come up, I'll tell ya sumink to impress your friends at parties and the like. How to differentiate a Dragonfly from a Damselfly. They look almost the same. And they hang out together, so if you never knew the difference now you have 2 types of kewel insects to love (they are insects, both predators, very beneficial). When a Dragonfly is at rest it's wings stick straight out to the sides, when a Damselfly is at rest it folds it's wings along it's back. Damsels tend to be a little bit more delicate than Dragon's also.

This year the garden has been swarmed with Dragons and Damsels, love em, and as I say: where there's predators, there's prey. Prolly something you'd much less want around.

Melanie, "fairy rings" are the successively larger circles of mushrooms that spring up in your yard. When the mushroom caps open they expose the gills and when the gills (the spongy slits on the underside of the caps, or tops, where the fairies sit) release the spores they fall to the ground or are blown a very short distance within the perimeter of the mushroom, so that in successive seasons, when conditions are right, a newer (and sometimes larger) circle of mushrooms pops up near where its predecessor was.

two of my favorite critters are Frogs and Dragonflies

Ditto. In Jacksonville our backyard edged a drainage creek and our yard was full of full-grown frogs smaller than the tip of my little finger, but our old beagle developed a taste for them and by the time we moved there were no more. Here we have more of the little green tree frogs.

We get the brilliant green enameled-looking dragonflies at home, but paddling we seem to get more of the neon-blue ones. I love to look at their lacy wings when they land. My very favorites aren't the prettiest, however, they are the dark brown "mosquito hawks". The one time we stayed at the lodge at Gulf Shores State Park in AL we couldn't go out on our balcony to watch the Gulf tides, but we enjoyed watching the squadrons of "skeeter hawks" devouring all the pests swarming on the balcony.