Orchid turorial

Hi everyone! RL has taken me away from miniatures for the last couple of years, but I'm now able to get back to playing, and unfortunately some of my favourite sites have been lost, and I can't remember the names to go back to them. There was a lady in this community who had a wonderful tutorial site for many different doll houses. I purchased some (4) !!!! orchids, planning to follow her instructions as I understand there can be difficulties with the gables. Does anyone know the lady and site I'm referring to? If not, can someone else help me with this build? Of necessity, I am very slow, but if I could just save a tutorial it would certainly ease my mind. I haven't opened the box yet, but I'm getting keen to get started. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me. It's good to be back!!! patricia b.

Welcome home, Patricia! I didn't have a problem with the Orchid gable or the dormers, mine fit really well. I've built a wooden Orchid and the White Orchid and found another wooden one built with hot glue (and falling apart) to take apart and rebuild with some rehab (to replace permanently missing pieces that fell off before I got my hands on it), so I'll be delighted to help you with gable questions.

thanks, everyone ! I'm hoping I'm posting this correctly...I got a bit confused when my query was moved...anyway, I did go to the sites you so kindly (and quickly!) gave me, and boy, what a help all the pics are to me! I learn much faster with them than with just the directions. Last night I was so encouraged that I opened the box, decided to mark all the pieces and bag up the small ones. You can imagine my dismay when I discovered I couldn't read the names on the map of the sheets. I knew my eye-sight had deteriorated, but not that much! I felt so disappointed, but then I decided to heck with it, I'd just do my best.. and it wasn't so bad..I think I've labelled them right. Then I was so pleased with myself that I did a dry build. I got it together!!! It was a bit tricky, could have used another hand, but I did it! I still can't believe it. Tonight I'm going to mark the walls for the second floor, then take it apart and paint the floors. WhooooHooooo!!!! Thanks again, group. Couldn't do it without you. If someone has followed the move of my original post,can you tell me...where would I post my progress? Do I just continue on with this thread? When I was on the forum before, I didn't know how to use my camera, but I've since learned to take pics, put them in my computer, and post pics of my dolls at the Prego site. I'd like to do that with the minis. Gonna go now and paint. O Happy Day!!!! Hugs to you all !!!! :cheer:

Continue your progress right here and when you add pictures to your album, you can post a topic about it in the general forum and add to that one as you add pictures. I try to minimize the number of threads I start, especially on a build, for people using the "Search" feature. I also post the kit name in the topic header, and in the name of the album.

Thanks, Havanaholly ..I appreciate your prompt reply. I really like this forum (?) not sure of the terminology...and I don't want to cause extra work for anyone if I can help it. I got my floors painted last night, and have weighted them down. I painted both sides to help minimize warping. Just before I fell asleep, I had an idea for the exterior. It's different from anything I've seen, although I'm sure it's not an intirerly original idea. I'm going to mull it over for a bit before I do it. Such a lot of fun !!!

Well, I did mull over my idea...decided against it. I couldn't see who was going to live in the house, and that was troubling.. I have now decided to move my Brambley Hedge figurines out of their cupboard in my RL house, and give some of the families their own home. Since I have 4 Orchids I tend to think of them as one big unit, and now I know how to manage that. I'm hoping to stucco each house, paint them in different colours, line them all up on one big shelf, and call it Rainbow Road. I also have one big house, forget it's name, and that can be Lord and Lady Woodhouse's manor. I feel much better now with a workable plan. There's so many minis in the RL cupboard that you can hardly see the different items. I'm sure all the mice will feel much happier not having to live together in such a crowded jumble. Their cupboard looks like something that belongs on that TV programme "Hoarders"!! I've also got all the Brambley Hedge books to go by, and the illustrations are inspiring. What do you think of my plan? I'm going to need lots of encouragement to complete it, but it sits well with me, at least right now!!