Skinny sticks

heidiiiii

I went to AC Moore today and found a new item! Mini craft sticks by Nicole quality value. 500 count for $1.99.

They look exactly like the skinny sticks at wally world. But cheaper!

Heidi thanks for this info... I have just been on the hunt for those and they are REALLY expensive here in Canada. At my local Micheal's they want 5.00 for a bag of 75... that is outrageous.

I have a friend going to the US this week and I am sending a "shopping list" with her so this will definately be added to it :)

Thanks for the info!

I was quite surprised at some of the prices for items in Canada when we were there two years ago. We were in French Canada and then NB, and I never saw a Michael's, but we did find a neat craft store in Moncton, the embroidery floss was at practically giveaway prices (not DMC, but simply lovely colors, I'm using them on the Aubusson) and some of the items I use to bash with had to wait until I could get back in the US to afford them! I did get Sculpey for the same price for a 1-pound block that I pay at HL, though, in a mall art supply store in Dieppe.

Here in Canada if you are in a Michaels for example and are looking at a Flower stem ... the pricing on the item will often look like this.... USA 3.50 Canada 7.00. The prices in Canada in most Michael's stores are nearly double the cost of what they are in the US.

LUCKLY I live only a couple of hours from Watertown NY so I can get over there to a Michaels and do a little shopping now and then... but to get to an AC Moores I would have to drive about 3-4 hours... I don't do that too often LOL

Well that stinks.. I found a skinny deal and no one can enjoy the glee!

I dont have a Hobby Lobby so I guess we are kinda even.

My biggest dream is the have a Christmas Tree Shoppe store that didnt take an hour to get too.. that would be heaven!

Does anyone have one of those in their neck of the woods?

Flower stem ... the pricing on the item will often look like this.... USA 3.50 Canada 7.00.

Ouch.

I wish y'all had Big Lots in Canada, I rarely pay more than US$1 for a stem of artificial flowers enough to plant a garden or fill several mini windowboxes.

I was at an AC Moore on Sunday and they had no skinny sticks or Cir-kit lighting kit. We drove way out. Major bummer. NYC is slim pickins for a DIYer who is also thrifty.

We are going to NJ next Saturday for a family BBQ on the condition that my husband takes me to WalMart!

My biggest dream is the have a Christmas Tree Shoppe store that didnt take an hour to get too.. that would be heaven!

Does anyone have one of those in their neck of the woods?

Hey Heidi

Christmas Tree Shop is my very favorite store, next to Kohls of course. I used to have to drive to Spring Valley NY (about 45 ride from me) to get to it. Last fall they opened one up in Paramus, NJ with is now a 10 ride. Very cool. I make frequent visits there. Every week new merchandise. Always great finds. Where in CT do you live?

When I make pleats in clothes I stitch them in with basting stitches and press them with the steam iron, sew the item & then remove the basting stitches. Using a pleater made with skinny sticks sounds neat, I'll look forward to seeing how your dressed dolls look.

Here in Canada if you are in a Michaels for example and are looking at a Flower stem ... the pricing on the item will often look like this.... USA 3.50 Canada 7.00. The prices in Canada in most Michael's stores are nearly double the cost of what they are in the US.

LUCKLY I live only a couple of hours from Watertown NY so I can get over there to a Michaels and do a little shopping now and then... but to get to an AC Moores I would have to drive about 3-4 hours... I don't do that too often LOL

One of the things I hated about living in Canada (Kingston, Ont for the most part) was getting hosed on the prices of things. I actually emailed Panasonic to ask how they could justify a retail price exactly double in Canada over that of the US (that's with exchange being taken into account). They told me that because they sell less in Canada they have to make more profit. Translation, you're getting hosed.

The only unfortunate thing about Watertown is they raise prices for the over border buyers.

Hey Heidi

Christmas Tree Shop is my very favorite store, next to Kohls of course. I used to have to drive to Spring Valley NY (about 45 ride from me) to get to it. Last fall they opened one up in Paramus, NJ with is now a 10 ride. Very cool. I make frequent visits there. Every week new merchandise. Always great finds. Where in CT do you live?

I live on the coastline in New London IAK. I have a Kohl`s in Groton about 5 mins away (Dont you just loooovvveee Kohl`s?) The closest Christmas Tree Shoppe is in W. Warwick, RI (1-2hr drive depending on how I-95 is) or Milford, CT which is another hour or so for same reason.

The commercials are a tease..Dont you just looovee a bargain?

I can appreciate the find - we have an A.C. Moore here in Maryland - and two door down from Kohl's!! I'll have to check out whether ours carries those skinny stick sets for $1.99.

I don't think we have the Christmas Store though...

I bought the skinny sticks at Michaels - I used the 40% off coupon, so it wasn't too bad - but I think I'll save them for trim, or flooring. I do want a pleater, but it seems I may as well buy one. I admit to a little envy - you guys across the border have the best prices, that's for sure. :lol: Oh well, I love to hunt for bargains, and it's more challenging to do that here in Canada! :D

The closest Christmas Tree Shoppe is in W. Warwick, RI (1-2hr drive depending on how I-95 is) or Milford, CT which is another hour or so for same reason.

Bummer, and I thought 25 minutes was far.....Actually having a Christmas Tree Shop and Kohls only 10 minutes down the road can be dangerous. I think I own everything from those stores :lol:

A Christmas Shop is coming to the town where my in-law's live. I will add this store to my hidden agenda of why I visit my in-law's solo so often!

Sounds like a plan. You won't be disappointed.. :)

anna, the christmas tree shoppe is like.... shopper`s nirvana! They even have long benches in the front where the hubbys sit and wait!

They have decorations.. Oh my the decorations. I have this 4 foot tall solid wooden painted santa..I think I paid $10 for him

The kitchen stuff!! I have 4 ceramic mixing bowls in staggered sizes that I pick up every time I go.

Food, books, toys, electronics, big stuff. Here is their website.

Go to flyer and if you go down it lets you enlarge the flyer.. They have the bowls!!

Ooo. like the bamboo rugs.

Okay I need to make a trip while the girls are gone! Must!

Heidi

You certainly sound like me when it comes to that store. I'm crazy when I go there. Everything cheap yet good quality. Of course if you see something you like you have to pick it up or it will be gone when you go back. "Don't you just love a bargain" is their slogan but it should be "you snooze you lose"

Hi Heidi

A friend of mine was heading state side (NH to earth and tree) and I asked her to pick me up some of these skinny sticks at AC Moores while she was there... well she checked out 3 shops and no luck. The only place she found them was at Michaels and they were in lots of 75 rather than the 500 count ;)

Bummer I would have loved to have got ahold of a bag of them at that price. She did grab me a bag of the 75 but the price was over 1.99... I think 2.50 or so.

I had looked b4 at AC Moore and they never had them. The day I posted I just strolled over in the wood area and there they were!

So if they dont have them now, they might soon.