doll wigs??

miniwendy

So, once again I'm at the thrift store and a doll oh-so-cavalierly throws herself into my cart as I walk by...

Anyway, this poor thing has an absolutely horrible wig that needs replacing. How do I find the right size for her?

I did a quickie search on "doll wigs" for all the posts this has been discussed. You can also get yourself a packet of viscose in a color of your choosing (or wool roving, should you want an elderly or platinum blonde doll) and some tacky glue and once the old wig is off, have at it. Sue Atkinson's book an making & dressing dolls has illustrated wigging instructions.

Thank you! I'm sure I can find exactly the info I need now. I hadn't even thought to do a search of this site for past wigging discussions, not sure why!

She's not a fancy doll, so I'm sure whatever I do for her will be fine. Looks like just a matter of finding out the proper way to measure her head for the wig.

• 8 years later...

You canalso make dolls wigs in crochet. when you say this to poeple they get a bad impression of wool for hair but it can look just as good on any doll as it does on a rag one, check out the wringlets on this doll. For hard dolls you just need to use finer or silkier yarn

DSCF3111.JPG

DSCF3128.JPG

DSCF3125.JPG

Edited by Ilisha

Hi, reading between the lines I sense this is  a play doll rather than a dollhouse doll If I am correct  I have trunk full of doll wigs left over from my doll making shop and I may have something for you. The way to get the size is to  measure her head all around immediately  above her ears. that is her size. If you can post a picture of the doll I can see how the old wig is and see what I have ( have many of the Monique wigs then some others in real hair and all styles.

doll wig.png

• 5 years later...

The term "human doll wigs" typically refers to wigs made from human hair that are used to create a realistic and natural look for dolls. Human hair wigs are often preferred for dolls, especially high-end collector dolls or reborn dolls, because they provide a more authentic appearance compared to synthetic wigs.

These wigs are crafted using real human hair, and they can be styled and treated similarly to natural hair. The use of human curly hair wig allows for greater versatility in styling, including the ability to use heated styling tools.

It's worth noting that the term "human doll wigs" could also be used in the context of wigs designed for people who want to achieve a doll-like or whimsical appearance. In such cases, individuals might choose wigs with unique colors, styles, or textures reminiscent of doll hair for cosplay, fashion, or artistic expression.

Human hair is a bit out of scale for dollhouse dolls.  Viscose is really nice to sork with and with a little bit of steam can be styled easily.