Barbies

Deb

Lookee what I found! A huge barbie collection!! Actually, it may not be as large as the collections of some folks here, but sure they did have a lot of them! The real collectibles were on a rotating stand behind glass, but I got as many pictures of them for you as I could.

I couldn't help but notice that the museum had two totally different sections for Barbies and for Action Figures (in fact, they were on opposite ends of the museum). So, I decided to get a professional opinion and asked the owner if there was a distinction between the two. He said that the are most definitely in different categories and action figures are not dolls. <cackling> You know I had to go there. hehehehehehehehee

Anyway, here's some shots of the Barbie collection they had. The display rotated too fast to get close ups, but you can still see them.

Deb

"He said that the are most definitely in different categories and action figures are not dolls."

Action Figures sure look like dolls to me, especially the ones that come with different outfits...er, excuse me, "gear".

Hey, we had this discussion. Action figures AND Barbies ARE the same. I have some pictures posted somewhere of Army Barbie and Parachute Barbie. She does the same thing GI Joe does in the Army.

I LOVE those dolls!! I have some of those too!!

;)

Thanks for taking those pictures to share with us Deb!!

Hey, we had this discussion.

<wicked grin> Yeah, I know. That's why I couldn't resist asking. heheheheehehee He was happy to give his opinion, but I don't think he understood why I was laughing so much.

I LOVE those dolls!! I have some of those too!!

I figured that you would!

Deb

But of course! Would I forget eye candy for the LOSHBB's? I didn't get the full room (and it was a whole room with about three times as many action figures as there were Barbies), but I got the GI Joe section.

<giggling> Here's a step back in time. Can anyone identify the cartoon character for these metal toys? (the box for the "wrist radio" in the back would be a clue)

Deb

On a more serious note, did you know there are some really cool 3D Barbie movies out?

Caught my niece watching one at mums yesterday.

The girls were mesmerized.

But of course! Would I forget eye candy for the LOSHBB's? I didn't get the full room (and it was a whole room with about three times as many action figures as there were Barbies), but I got the GI Joe section.

<giggling> Here's a step back in time. Can anyone identify the cartoon character for these metal toys? (the box for the "wrist radio" in the back would be a clue)

Deb

Uh, the only thing you can see of that box is the lettering 'Wrist Radio'. But sinces there's a geezer in yellow trenchcoat and hat in one car I'm GUESSING d*** (will the censor allow that?) Tracy.

That would be a no. Foiled by the censor. Richard Tracy then!

On a more serious note, did you know there are some really cool 3D Barbie movies out?

Caught my niece watching one at mums yesterday.

The girls were mesmerized.

My granddaughters love them. Aren't they well done. Hmmmm does your daughter have a special occasion coming up? I think her dad would love to get her one.

-Susanne

• 5 months later...

While we camped in Front Royal we went over to Winchester, VA, one day, hitting antique & thrift stores & flea markets on the way up & back. Returneing by a different route to FR we found a little antique mall to the west of our campground and I found this Rosie O'donnell doll for US$5 post-8-1165249950_thumb.jpg as well as the mini Remington-style bronze statue.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE the Bob Mackie Barbies!!! That is one beautiful bride for sure.

The one I REALLY REALLY want is this one:

post-4-1166418768_thumb.jpg

She is such a pretty Japanese Maiko!! I am sure will get her soon cause I want her bad!

The irish dance one is stunning too!

Hey, do you belong to the barbie fan club? I think it's $20 to join and you get 4 $20 coupons to spend on their site (prices are same as stores) you get in on special deals (like nurse and stewardess and cat barbie) and there is always some shipping deal going on. And you can buy the club only dolls.

And best of all you get this neat looking card for your wallet!!!!