Dioramas in 1/16th scale.

JohnReid

TheHomecoming176.jpg

My version of a porch swing in the form of an old car seat.This will be finished upon final assembly when I will have to decide where to put it,hanging from a tree,beam etc....

I wasn't going to make it given the time of year I am depicting but they could have put it out of the first warm day of spring or left it out all year therefore there will be no cushions to sit on.

TheHomecoming190.jpg

The finished footlocker in birch wood which looks a lot like pine in full scale.It has only been slightly weathered as it would be from use and transport otherwise it should please the Sargent Major when he inspects the barracks.I didn't use any ranking on it or attempt to scale the nameplate stencil for storytelling reasons.It is dedicated to my father in law.

Well I think that is it,now I can begin tearing it down again into separate modules in preparation for final assembly..From now on things should go fairly quickly as most of the creative stuff has now been done.

I've enjoyed your work too. Been watching it from your first post. I will admit to some confusion though. Is this for a specific purpose like a display or is it a labor of love for your own enjoyment. Maybe a bit of both?