Made to more, had to share.

glen

Wow, way cool, these have turned out very doable, seriously you got to try these. (well I had to show someone!)

Anyway, promise no more. These two are under half the size of the first one so they fit inside the house. I’ll try to pick up a couple of pots for them and plant them properly soon.

Suspect you’ve heard enough about palms but if you’re interested I have some pics of making them.

Cheers

Glen

post-265-1148983590_thumb.jpg

post-265-1148983628_thumb.jpg

post-265-1148983705_thumb.jpg

Actually you could straighten the fronds more vertically or bend them down or arc them a bit more, and for parlor palms you'd need just enough "trunk" to combine the fronds in the pot.

Glen: I would be interested in seeing the pictures on how you made them. Thanks

Oooo! Me too! Me too!

I want some type of fern to place on the Marquam front porch.

Please?

I will make you a cookie!

Any kind?

You name it?

LOL :lol:

Gee's I thought you'd never ask. (It’s the teacher in me.) I'll put it up tonight, my time.

Cheers

Glen

You’ll need

Heavy paper (not card)

Masking tape

cotton

Paints

Tiny can of dark green spray paint, semi gloss (optional but fun) or airbrush.(optional but even more fun)

5 minute epoxy

Super glue (not essential, but very helpful)

Toothpicks or sharp pointy stick.

Small scissors (really small)

Plant wire (pref steel not copper)

Patience. Lots of it. (heh heh heh, patience, women, patience, ha ha ha ROTFLMAO)

Awesome work Glen! As always, we love seeing what you've been doing coz it's just great work. Thanks for sharing the info with us on how to make them. I'm picturing a couple in the living room of my Pierce and one by the stained glass french doors in the dining room.

(It’s the teacher in me.)

Really? I hadn't realized you were a teacher, but it doesn't surprise me. I taught for 18 years, my father taught for over 40 and my aunts were teachers too. It explains the sense of humor huh. :lol: I've met very few teachers that didn't have a great sense of humor.

Deb

Patience. Lots of it. (heh heh heh, patience, women, patience, ha ha ha ROTFLMAO)

I've been stitching on the 1:24 Aubusson carpet for over a year now, no telling how long the chair seats will take. Oh, that's right, it's a male hormone thing...

Tiny can of dark green spray paint, semi gloss (optional but fun) or airbrush.(optional but even more fun)

Unless you've used an airbrush and then it's essential. If you're in the US you have no excuse not to have one, Dixieart carries a huge range at unblievably low prices, I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and still a customer. My airbrush count is currently at 7, though 1 is a detail spraygun for broader coverage. My range consists of Aztek, Badger, Paasche, Iwata, and a couple of cheaper Central Pneumatics for quick and dirty work.

Toothpicks or sharp pointy stick.

Pointy stick!!!???!!!??? Gettin' all high and mighty eh? Fresh fruit not good enough eh? Well the next time somebody comes at you armed with a banana don't ask me for help!

Fresh fruit not good enough eh?

(snicker) I rest my case.

Mini thanks for the tutorial, Glen. I had just seen a request on another forum I belong to, looking for a parlor palm how-to.

Doogster, I despair, I really do. From the girls I expect it. But a LOSHBB??

Evidently not a Monty Python fan. You did see the airbrush stuff right mate? :angry:

Teacher Glen -

I have a question ....... are you and Doogster allowed to handle sharp tools?

-Susanne

I'm not Glen, though I pay him on TV. The only truly dangerous tool is a dull tool. Same thing that goes with knives, I keep mine sharp as a razor. Try using a dull drill bit and see how much trouble you can get into, very quickly. Not to mention ruining the actual drill. The 1 cut I got from a tool only took 8 sutures to close, I view it as a medal. I got it at 17, nothing since. And I use a lot more power tools these days. Gotta get a band saw though. That's one I truly need.

Ok That's one held in the left foot, one in the right, one in the left hand, one in the right, one behind the left ear, one behind the right and of course, one in the mouth.

That's seven right doogster?

Even I'd like to se that lot running at the same time.

PS mines a delta and I've only got one.

Ok That's one held in the left foot, one in the right, one in the left hand, one in the right, one behind the left ear, one behind the right and of course, one in the mouth.

That's seven right doogster?

Even I'd like to se that lot running at the same time.

PS mines a delta and I've only got one.

This aint even worth responding to.

One serious question though

I'm new to this airbrushing but found I was only using 8-10 psi when painting. That seems very low but it did work. Any higher and it was blowing the job away.

Is it about right?