Fimo on sale at Michaels

ilovecats

We went to Michael's to buy Fimo (or sculpey) to start working on my skeletons....it was on sale for a dollar each! It usually runs about 2 dollars and 29 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a whole bunch for different projects! I also purchased some sculpting tools, a roller, a blade and a book which shows you other cute characters you can make. I have my eye on the pasta roller thingie, but it was 25 dollars. I have a 50% coupon for this weekend, but now i'm outta dough ;) (money)....ah well maybe next month with the 40% off coupon! I feel that i will need it :unsure: :lol: :( :lol:

If my new little poly clay witch for the Cantebury is to big i'll make another one out of the fimo!

Just to add a quick addition, Michael's also have Creative Paperclay for the same price as it goes for online.

And an additional addition, if you have a JoAnn's around you, the one here had their Fiskars self healing cutting mats on half price. Marg got the small one for 7 bucks, I got the 24"x36" mat for 23 bones, a great price for something like that.

Well, sound like I see myself going to Micheals. I gotta make a mermaid for my lighthouse and Linda and Nutti told me I gotta make them one too so I need LOTS of clay cause I can't send them something that look bad and since it will be my first time, I figure I got lots of practicing to do :unsure:

Hi Marg,

Great price on the clay - that's the only time I buy it - when they have it on $1 sale (unless of course there's a color I REALLY need but I hate to pay full price :unsure: ) ;) About the pasta machine - have you checked your local thrift shops?? I've bought two of them, one for myself and one for my sister - I paid a dollar for one and 3 dollars for the other one - it sure beats the heck out of $25 bucks! The down side is it took me about 6 months to find the first one. That's what I get for being cheap! :lol: Though if you can get a hold of Micheals 40 or 50% off coupon those are kinda nice too.

-David

Well, now I'm gonna have to go to Michael's this Friday and get the colors I don't already have in stock! Not that I actually know how to make anything useful or realistic yet :unsure: but I *need* to be prepared for that eventuality :lol:

Actually, I have this next week off from work for vacation -- and I plan to put in some time practicing with the clay & trying to make a few things.

Thanks for the heads up!

Hi Marg,

Great price on the clay - that's the only time I buy it - when they have it on $1 sale (unless of course there's a color I REALLY need but I hate to pay full price :blink: ) ;) About the pasta machine - have you checked your local thrift shops?? I've bought two of them, one for myself and one for my sister - I paid a dollar for one and 3 dollars for the other one - it sure beats the heck out of $25 bucks! The down side is it took me about 6 months to find the first one. That's what I get for being cheap! :huh: Though if you can get a hold of Micheals 40 or 50% off coupon those are kinda nice too.

-David

I haven't check the thrift shops but maybe next payday i'll take a look around. :huh: .....or just buy one for 40% off :lol:

Michael's had the pound blocks of white polyclay, they also had it in a large pack.

I may end up needing more of that color, so when i run out of my stock i'll just buy a large pack of the white.

BTW, almost two years ago I found a 1-pound pack of translucent clay at an art supply shop in a mall on our travels, but not since. Does anyone know of a source (online would be great!)?

On my way home from work today i decided to stop by Michaels (in a different city) to buy a press (i don't know what it's called but you put a roll of clay in it and press out different types of shapes)....anyway this particular store had fimo, sculpey and premo on sale for 99 cents each....I grabbed some really cool colors of the sculpey and premo sculpey (hey for the price i couldn't resist)! Then i went next door to Target and purchased a container to keep all of this stuff in :lol:

So.....sculpey is on sale in some locations as well!

I'm going to paw thru my new pretty packages of sculpey.... :p

Obviously I am not reading things well lately. Andrew just mentioned that sculpey and premo were on sale at the other michaels as well. I sure didn't see that on the sign! :lol: I would have gone wild and purchased the pretty colors the other day!!!!!! Today's michaels store did have a couple of other colors that i didn't see at the first store tho.

My sculpey witch (from ebay) arrived yesterday. She will be the okay height for the main floor of the cantebury house (borderline tall), but out of proportion to the upstairs....so she will get her own house now! Maybe the buttercup, we'll see tho! Maybe the coventry. I have a cute mouse figurine holding a teapot that would be perfect scale for the upstairs of the cantebury so i may give the house to her! The cantebury is such an odd house, it's like a different scale for each floor. I have also thought about making a sculpey witch that would be inbetween size to work with the cantebury. Another idea that i'm toying with :p:)

BTW, almost two years ago I found a 1-pound pack of translucent clay at an art supply shop in a mall on our travels, but not since. Does anyone know of a source (online would be great!)?

Midwest clay is a favorite a favorite of mine but it has been down for days.

utrechtart.com

dickblick.com

polymerclayexpress.com They sell premo in 1lb packs or you can buy 8 2oz. packs for $11.00 of Translucent Sculpey3

http://www.artdolls.com/catalog.cfm/ProSculpt/showCategory I have been wanting to try this stuff. I don't know much about it. They are in SLC. I have been waiting till I go down there again to check them out.