AC Moore Moonlight Madness sale

JaimieMarvon

This weekend AC Moore (chain craft store that has dollhouse stuff) had a 25% off entire purchase sales from 6-9 on Sunday. A few locations had their sale on Sat.

I gave my self a $$ limit and when I reached it I told the cashier to not ring up the last few items that I strategically left 'til last. I got a bunch of sculpey in beige so I can eventually try my hand a making a doll, the pasta machine to roll out my clay, 2 rolls of ceiling paper, a roll of wall paper, carpet, 3 pkgs of stair spindles, a pkg of newel posts, 2 kitchen tables & chairs, door knobs and 4 lights.

I can't wait to do more work on the house!

I went to AC Moore also Jaimie, but on Saturday. Stores are closed in Paramus on Sunday. I got a ton of stuff too. Moldings, flooring, Bedroom set, etc. Worked on the bathroom last night. I had to rip up the Kitchen floor I had put down because it started to "bubble" Not sure what I will put down now, still thinking about that one.

Dangit! Dangit! Dangit! Dangit! (place appropriate swear here)

I MISSED IT!! Grrrrrr!

Oh well they will always have another one.

I made my dh purchase for this month anyway. I won a old porcelain kitchen sink with working metal faucets.

I will have to let the new staircase wait!

Well, I keep saying that I have to finish the outside, but I haven't done much. I WILL work on it tonight while I watch my tape of Desperate Housewives and Greys Anatomy. Had to watch Sopranos and Big Love last night!

I will finish the removable side piece for the first floor (I have to find all the pieces, or make new ones from my scraps). Have to glue and paint them. And I have to at least try to see which of the posts I like better round or square for the porch. (oh yeah, that's what else I bought at the store) I don't plan on railings for the porch, but something has to hold up the the porch roof doesn't it? :D

I also have to spray the roof piece for the removable 2nd floor bay and complete the kitchen side steps. I might be missing one or two things but I'm close to completion of the outside! YEAH.

Me again. :D I worked on a few things just like I said I would. I'm such a good girl! :D

I found all the pieces for the removable 1st floor part. You can see it to the left in the first picture being held together with blue tape while the glue dries. I completed the second balcony (look even further to the left), and I put the two different kinds of porch supports next to each other to see which one I like better. I can't deceide. Any opinions?? Round column or turned spindle type? Or maybe neither, maybe just square posts?? Help!

post-592-1147143507_thumb.jpg

post-592-1147143139_thumb.jpg I found the little wagon at a garage sle this weekend for a quarter and inside it is a little plastic toaster I found as well.

If you're just doing porch posts I vote for the turned ones. If you're going for a screened porch I'd stick with plain square ones. If you want a railing on your porch you might want the turning to start further from the bottom so you have a flat surface to attach the porch railing to.

Wen-

I love your avatar pic!! TOO CUTE. I had a fish screensaver and my big boy kitty still never jumped up to my desk Thank goodness! He's so big he might have hurt my desk! LOL

Jaimie, that is not just a wagon you found there. It's a mini Radio Flyer. Looking tres good so far.

I know!! Isn't it great! And such a bargin for a quarter!

If you're just doing porch posts I vote for the turned ones. If you're going for a screened porch I'd stick with plain square ones. If you want a railing on your porch you might want the turning to start further from the bottom so you have a flat surface to attach the porch railing to.

I'm only doing the posts, no railings. I am so pleased at how my porch came out that I want it visible and not hidden behind railing. But I never thought of making it a screened porch! That would be cool! Not sure I want to dive into that work! I'll cut the posts to size and just spot glue them in. I can always make the screened porch enclosure so it is removable like the rest of the house and change it when ever I want! LOL

I like the turned spindle. But either would look good.

I guess the turned spindle it is then! I was kinda liking that one too, but I wasn't quite sure if it went with teh rest of the house, ya know? :lol: I'll use the round dowels to make cans and such for the kitchen. ;) They were cheap at AC Moore. Got a whole package (about 15 or so) for about $3.

I have a 40% coupon!! Woohoo!

I am going out today to buy a staircase (if they have them). Also need to purchase liquid stained glass colors, a tri-board for Nat`s report, and if they have any paint on sale (4 for $1), I will grab some more colors.

We don't have an AC Moore by us anymore but the store that it has turned into is the place where I get all of my flowers and trees for my dollhouses so I can't complaine because they have such a wonderful selection :lol:

I got my stairs! Yeah! Yeah! (okay is that healthy to be excited about? haha)

I also wanted to note that they are having a sale on all lil paintable furniture. 4 for $3.00

Most of it is way to big BUT I snagged a bedroom dresser with mirror, and bed (havent decided if will be youth bed or master bed), and a baby rocker. They are all unfinished.

Very hard to find good unfinished dh furniture at AC. Usually find some at Michael`s.

Going to finish stained glass and then try the stain color I am planning to use on a spare part on the staircase. It is going to rain all weekend so no yard saling. Will work on dh!

Tee Hee Still a lil giddy about the staircase... Will keep it to myself..Family may make mistake of mental breakdown..Must remain as normal as possible... Wipe kiss marks off of the staircase packaging! LOL

Hey Heidi

I picked up that dresser also on Saturday when I was there. I thought it was just a little too big but at that price, who cares! It actually looks very cute in the bathroom as a vanity. I will send some new pictures soon, the bathroom is completed, even though I don't even have the roof of the house on yet. The drawer is very large but the rest of it looks fine. I saw they had a cradle also but that was definately too large. It could have been maybe a crib. I should have picked that up too. Oh well, I'll just have to go back!! Hee Hee.

My husband thinks I have a new boyfriend named "ELMER" he says. He is getting lonely lately because all I do is use any spare time I have working on my Garfield.

I can't wait to see what you both do with your new items!! I feel so inspired looking at your pictures. I was just admiring some work in the gallery here. Yeap, the good thing about eye candy is that it is calorie free <_<

I decided to use that dresser as a dry sink. I have to find a bowl and pitcher to put on top. It fits in the upper attic room next to the kids room. Since they dont have direct access to the 2nd floor bathroom. Geez i sound like I am talking about real ppl! ROFL

I found a site that gives you coupons to print and I found an AC Moore coupon that I used yesterday.

I also bought a $1 dresser at Michael`s and I was thinking of using it as a outside garden storage, temp. glue to side of house. I am going to paint it same color and trim roofing tiles to match house.

$1 dresser at Michael`s and I was thinking of using it as a outside garden storage, temp. glue to side of house. I am going to paint it same color and trim roofing tiles to match house.

What a great idea! I can't wait to see how it'll turn out, don't forget the pictures.