check this out

nuttiwebgal

How Hilarious!! I love it. Seems those faires get alot of thier door from Houseworks!

I was just watching a show called "If Walls Could Talk", all about old houses and the discoveries in basements attics, behind old walls, etc. You should write to them and suggest this as a show! Wonder what other old towns do things similar th this? Very imiaginative!

I don't like to encourage fairies to come into the house. They breed like crazy and the next thing you've got a population problem. Besides, Trinity likes to catch anything that flies and I hate the screams of the fairies when she catches them. BTW, are fairies healthy as regular fare in a cat's diet?

-Susanne

I am thinking of where I could put one in the new house.
DS#2 has a raised hearth in his sunken livingroom that I think needs a fairy door...

are fairies healthy as regular fare in a cat's diet?

They give our dog gas :lol:

DS#2 has a raised hearth in his sunken livingroom that I think needs a fairy door...

They give our dog gas :D

ROFLMAO--just about had to pick myself up off the floor on that one. :lol: ;)

They give our dog gas :lol:

With cats they burp up little bits of fairy dust.

And I get really turned off by the bits of fairy wings around their mouths.

-Susanne

With cats they burp up little bits of fairy dust.

And I get really turned off by the bits of fairy wings around their mouths.

-Susanne

<nodding in agreement> It's like miller-moths. <sigh> Apparently, they have a bit of a dry, dusty flavor so they're not meant to actually be eaten. Napoleon plays them to death. He'll delicately pick them up by one wing in his teeth and inevitably loses a couple when he sneezes coz their fluttering wings tickle his nose. If they fly up to the ceiling where he can't reach them, he yells at them. I keep telling him that cussing at them like that isn't going to motivate them to come down off the ceiling. But he's patient and sooner or later, they'll come to the light so he can "play" with them. Well, he calls it playing. I think the millers probably have a different term for it. Somewhere, in their world, his picture is on a most wanted poster.

Anyway, when they finally quit playing with him, he brings them to me and puts them at my feet with a meow of, "My miller broke! Fix it for me!!" When he figures out that I can't fix it, he puts the corpses in a little pile in the living room. I often get up on summer mornings to find a morbid little miller cemetary in the living room floor.

He gets excited at the first millers of the year. A couple of summers ago, I was laying in bed reading with a lamp turned on behind and over the bed. I saw the fluttering shadow just a split second too late to get out of the way. The next thing I knew, this little siamese blur came dashing thru the room, onto the bed in one leap and scaled my whole body to get on top of my head. So, there I was with one back paw stuck in my mouth, the other back paw braced on my forehead, one front paw on the top of my head while the other front paw reached up to the lamp as high as he could and a thrashing tail smacking me in the ear. I swear that just before he launched the attack, I heard him yell, "It's MILLER TIME!!!"

Deb

<nodding in agreement> ! Fix it for me!!" When he figures out that I can't fix it, he puts the corpses in a little pile in the living room. I often get up on summer mornings to find a morbid little miller cemetary in the living room floor.

Deb

Do you have little mini funerals for them? Come on Deb, you wouldn't surprise me if you had a cupboard filled with mini caskets for these little miller moths. What fun Napoleon could have digging little grave plots in the backyard.

We could even have the theme of our next swap mini funerals. We could make little headstones, caskets, stuff like that. I'm sure all of our pets have mini skeletons in their closets: mice, birds, butterflies....fairies.

-Susanne

We could even have the theme of our next swap mini funerals. We could make little headstones, caskets, stuff like that. I'm sure all of our pets have mini skeletons in their closets: mice, birds, butterflies....fairies.

Hey I'd be up for a funeral swap! We may only have 3 people in it though heheheh - I doubt many miniaturists would be as excited about swapping 1:12 scale funerary stuff as me <_< And for the record I do have a mini kitty skeleton :lol: and I'm working a polymer person skele too heheheh I think we need a smilely with horns on it don't you? LOL :p

-David