Todays effort

glen

Hope you don't mind me sharing but it's pretty cool making some of this stuff.

Because it's part of my controversial static display in "my room" I've made the desk 10% deeper than it should be to make it look more spacialy correct at the back out the house when stuffs on it.

How's that for dribble??

Cheers

Glen

That's just totally cool Glen! You are quite a craftsman to be able to make such great mini furniture. It takes a lot of skill to do woodworking and cabinetry in full scale, but to do it in mini with such great detail is truly an art form. And please keep sharing the pictures!! I love seeing and sharing what everyone is doing in minis. It's one of "funnest" part of mini-ing.

BTW, I'd keep an eye on that princess barbie if I were you. She's smiling and looking all sweet and innocent, but behind your back, she's being *all* wicked and telling tales. My philosophy is never to trust anyone who shops for clothes at Vanna White's garage sales. :lol:

Deb

Great job on the desk, Glen.

never to trust anyone who shops for clothes at Vanna White's garage sales.

She looks like she's either gonna turn a letter or give the desk away!

Glen, you did a Totally Excellent Job on that desk! Man, you make it all! Dollhouse, furniture, your own lights too. Baby is so fortunate to have such a wonderfully crafty Dad.

:lol: Your talent is inspiring!

Glen -

I like that you put one large/deep drawer in the desk for Baby rather than a couple of smaller drawers.

Is that a dollhouse for the dollhouse next to the desk? I just see the corner of it.

BTW, do you pose the Barbie doll for the photos? :lol: Would that be re-arranging your collection or playing with dolls. :lol: Sorry, I have an inquiring mind and I need to know. :)

-Susanne

BTW, do you pose the Barbie doll for the photos? :lol: Would that be re-arranging your collection or playing with dolls. :) Sorry, I have an inquiring mind and I need to know. :D

-Susanne

Have to say I laughed my A** off when I read that!!!!!!!!! Hysterical!! :lol:

I've just seen the post Barbie made in another thread so we'll be having words soon.

She's also due for plastic surgery soon but she doesn't know it yet. (True, no joke)

Yes it's a dollhouse for the dollhouse.

Can't take any credit for it though. It's a kit I made up several years ago. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Might cut it in half and sit it on a bench.

Cheers

Glen

Would that be re-arranging your collection or playing with dolls. :lol: Sorry, I have an inquiring mind and I need to know. :lol:

-Susanne

They certainly can't call Barbie an action figure, can they Susanne?

See Glen I warned you that you had stepped right into the Frying Pan :lol: :lol: Cant you tell it's getting geared up. Better call in the troops. :)

I love your desk, looks very good.

Now what type of surgery is Barbie going to have? She's already had everything "lifted"

You got something to say to me?

Don't you all be talking like that behind my back!

I'll be commin out and whipping alllll your butts.

You think that woossy action man got balls?? You just be telling him to bringing it on girls!!

We'll se how he gets on in MY back yard!!

BARBIE!!

OMG! LOL! ROFLMREO!!! Too cool Glen!

Of course, the effect might be a bit better if you'd have put her in combat gear!

Dean! Here's another member for Silo 13!

OMG! LOL! ROFLMREO!!! Too cool Glen!

Now Barbie is an action figure, those combat boot sure are going to hurt her feet. :lol: :lol: :)

heheheheehee<ohgawd>heheheheheheheeheeeee <gasp>

<crawling out from under the desk and heaving myself back up into the chair>

Okay Glen, the doll is wearing face paint........what we would normally call make up. You put a band in her hair..........and I notice its a pretty blue.

Dude. I don't know how to break this to you, but yer playin' with dolls.

<cackle> <snort> <snarkle>

Deb

Glen -

Barbie as an Action Figure. Now I've seen everything. RFLMBO

I don't think that the combat boots will bother her (as long as they match her gown), after all she's used to walking around in stilettos.

BTW Glen, does Baby know that you play with her Barbie when she's gone to bed?

And Dean (Miniman) - when you're laying out the plans for Silo 13, be sure and make the door clearance high enough for Barbie in her high-heeled combat boots!

-Susanne

The defining silence is me sulking :lol: , (or cowering :D )

In my defense, while I wouldn't have liked me mates to catch me climbing under the bushes with the truck and Barbie to take the picture :D , here is the real picture I took. Count the differences. The rest is down to the wonders of technology. :)

Man you got to be careful what you say around here. :lol:

I can get high-heeled combat boots?? cool! Where??

No, wait, let me guess, Vanna White's garage sales

Deep voice. “high Paul, Phill. How’s it going guys. Yeah watched the football. Just going out to change the V8 in the Impala.

Hey listen, just wondering if you guys’id like to come around for a beer in the back yard?........ Yeah crackin day.

Hey, um (even deeper voice) while you’re here, would you mind takin a picture of me crawling into the bushes with babies mini kingdom princes Barbie?.......

Yeah the girls want to see it………………………”

Gees Susanne

Just as I was thinking you were one of the few nice ones here.

Anonymous

Anonymous -

Gee, I wonder who wrote this one? Hmmmmm...? Nope, not a clue.

Sorry, Glen. You're just such fun to tease. I tease you because you're a such a terrific dad to your little girl. I remember a few years ago when our granddaughter (adopted), Shalean (probably 3 at the time) came into the kitchen to ask me to help her put a party frock on her Barbie doll. My hands were sticky so I suggested that she go ask grampa. A little later I was asking Ray, was that your first Barbie dress? He replied "I should hope so".

-Susanne

*gasp* I have groped my way back into the chair & gotten my breath back, but now *hiccup* I have the hiccups! Too funny.

It's OK, Glen, I have USMC Master Sergeant Barbie.

Holly, I forgot about that one! I actually also have an Army Barbie that someone sent to me as a gift many years ago. I am not even sure if I still have her. Now, I gotta go see if I can find a picture of it!

I totally forgot about that!

I did find a picture of one:

post-4-1147124385_thumb.jpg

post-4-1147124393_thumb.jpg

So I guess they even have fashion scaled action figures after all. Sorry Glen & Dean :D:D:D

MMMmmmmmmmmm

Sssooo who's got paint on thier face now??????

Unfortunately I have to talk nicely to Susanne cause she's doing something nice for baby.

darn darn darn!