100% New

You know I went to reply here once like, a week ago... and accidentally clicked the wrong thing and lost what I wrote.

But I have the two Michael's houses, plus furniture set. it's a start :p

And FreeDragon- I totally failed to realize the NWO abbreviation LOL All this time...

Hobby Lobby doesn't come out this far across the US (according to their website- closest is like, 2 states east LOL), so the 40% off doesn't help. I did think to search Craigslist and was looking now and again, I didn't think to look at Freecycle! Thank you :( I plan to make as much as I possibly can- easier on the budget, and more "Look what I made!" moments for getting weird looks from friends and family!

Hi Charissa :( - Welcome to the neighborhood and welcome to the hobby of Miniatures! This is an ideal hobby for a stay-at-home mom, and a wonderful therapy for depression and fatigue. Just creating a little world, making something new out of nothing, it's all good! You said you didn't have a dollhouse yet -- I have found there are many settings for miniatures: room boxes, bookcases, shelves to hold just one scene. My current "house" is set in the garden window of my office. It's a two-story business with Mom'n'Pop living upstairs, beside the gift shop; and an open Garden Bistro downstairs.

Just start with what you have and go from there. Glad you found this website -- this is the best and most helpful Forum I've ever seen!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Charissa......Many of us are fairly new,inexperienced and have just begun this hobby.HOBBY I mean this world!! Glad you could join us!! :wave:

Hi there Charissa,Im from NW Oregon too, the Willamette Valley. Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. Check ebay for good deals on dollhouses,and like someone else mentioned get the Hobby Builders Supply catalogue,its free on their website www.miniatures.com they have sales frequently. Craigslist is nother good place to score a kit. Have fun!

:wave: Charissa you will love it here the people are great ask any question and some one will answer you there have been great help to me and i need all the help i can get lol