I bought this house from micheals

asherah

Rhonda

The paperclay came out really nice! I might try something like that on a Michaels house just to learn how. I am assuming there is a tutorial on here somewhere for making this? I like the colors you did on your house.

Oh my Sue! Your cat "wolf" is cute. Now I have to go haunt the Dollar Tree again and see what they have there.

I could kick myself for not picking up the dh furniture they had a while back.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the wooden stuff? I have a drawer full of it! I love the Dollar Tree! I'm papering the bottom floor of the verandah house, and trying to decide how I'm going to do the exterior. I think this will be a fairy house-these little houses just beg to be make-believe homes for make believe creatures!

I checked the Dollar Tree yesterday but they only had a ton of Pooh's and Tiggers.........no Tinkerbells or princesses at all :yes:

They had one piece of that red colored wooden furniture that looked like a chinese phone booth or something to me....lol I didn't get it. There is another one on the other side of the city I should check out one day.

I dunno but I couldn't figure out what I would use it for. I should just get it for $1 and save it.

I am not finished with my verandah house and I managed to get distracted by wanting to make some toad houses for my garden. So off I go on that sidetrack. I might finish something if my brain didn't get so easily derailed.

I can't imagine how I will ever do a large house if I can't stay focused on this little house. :D

You don't stay focused, you just bounce from one to the other! It keeps you from getting burned out! I need to finish the bedroom curtains for my farmhouse, but too busy painting windows and doors for the fairy house. I'm excited right now, I won a set of 1930's dollhouse furniture like my mom had as a child! It's pretty nearly 1/2 scale I think-won't know for sure until it gets here. It's even decorated with pink and green flowers! How odd is that? I can't wait for it to come!!

I have a plastic cabinet full of odds and ends of furniture that I bought because it was cheap and I thought it might come in handy some time. Have you seen the cute plastic playground or carnival rides that the Dollar Tree has? I bought the merry-go-round, you just never know when you might need a half scale ride!

Yes I did see them last week.....didn't get them :lol:

I am all crazy about the toad house I want to put in my garden. I live in the woods, so to speak, and have tons of bark and stuff everywhere in my woods.....I could go crazy! I think I will decorate a cracked flowerpot and maybe turn it into an outdoor fairy house. IDEAS are flowing but not much happening other than typing on this computer.

I wish I still had the metal dollhouse I had as a kid in the 50's! ( yeah I am that old)!

Still fixated on Tinkerbell. lol I always loved the Peter Pan plays, stories and especially the ride at Disney World.

I wonder if I never grew up? :D

I had a tin one, too, Roxxie, until my dad built me one from a magazine pattern.

I want to see the toad houses! I'm wanting to put houses in my flowerbeds but can't afford the ones I see for sale online.

I know what you mean. I am on a very limited budget and its so tempting to spend on needful things...lol

I am looking around at old clay flower pots and on a treasure hunt in my yard. Its very soggy out right now from all the rain but I am collecting stuff and putting it under the deck to dry. I will see what developes...sometimes I get these wild ideas and they don't amount to much. Research is half the fun though.

I am working on the kitchen in my verandah house. I made a bowl of fruit with beads and a mop from a toothpick and embroidry floss. I love that stuff!

Holly sent me a bag of beads in a swap some time ago. I found the cutest little bunch of grapes with a leaf in it. I've got to see if I can get them painted a real grapes color. I'm starting on the baseboard painting now. I hate, hate, painting strip wood and it seems like I am always having to do some.

I made myself mow the lawn yesterday ( when I would rather be playing with my dh!)...it was up to my knees!

I need some paints...I use Folk Art because I like how creamy it goes on and doesn't need several coats.

I changed my mind once again and put the crown on the top of the house. I couldn't get the roof to come out right and that seemed like the logical thing to do...it works. Next time I will know.

I am going to work on painting the toad houses later today. I am going to take clay pots and paint on them, tuck them down into the soil a little so there is about a third of the pot showing for an entrance and see if I get any customers. I had one huge toad with one eye who use to come up and sit on my deck. Maybe he will like a new house! :D

Well, I am going to put the verandah house together without the pinwheels. It just does not fit like it's supposed to without them. But I will cut some porch braces of some kind, I really think they look good. I got the bottom floor papered and trimmed, and the top floor in, but that's it for today!

I am also not going to use the pinwheels as in the directions. I might cut them apart to use as porch braces (or whatever they are called). I wanted to paint today, but got to busy with RL. But I just love the way this house looks. Nice wood for a "cheap" house. I need to decide on the family or theme yet as then I will be able to decide on how I want to decorate it. I still plan on donating the 2 houses to 2 children for Christmas. I have an extra for myself or to donate next year. At this price I can afford to do a couple for Christmas gifts.

In my humble opinion you don't even need anything for support on the porch. I just glued it onto the house and the porch railings hold it in place pretty firmly. I have very little building experience so don't take that as gospel...it might fall apart next week for all I know :D

Its raining again so I am messing around making teeny weeny bottles, jars etc for my kitchen and vanity. A nice way to spend the afternoon while driving myself crazy dropping itsy bitsy beads all over the rug!

What did you find???? ( nosey aren't I?) I am having fun with this project and I plan to fill it up to the top with tons of STUFF! ( that is if I can find STUFF!) Mostly making everything from beads and whatever catches my eye.

Other than the Dollar Tree there aren't many places to find good STUFF around these parts.

I had to put my toad house on hold...its raining so much everything is totally soggy.

No, you're just gonna have to wait and be surprised on this one! Still pink and green, though. I can't believe I'm doing pastels, but once the inspiration about what to do with it struck, I went crazy digging out green and pink beads, ribbons, stickers, etc from my stash.

I like surprises! I haven't exactly posted my latest progress on my Violet house either...tee hee.

Now I have some things all done I wish I had done them differently.

I think your colors of pink and green will be lovely. The challenge for me was to use any colors except red white and blue! I had fun with purples, yellow, pink and green so unlike me!

I see the Lasor cut Brimbles Merchantile has arrived! I really thought this would be the one but I don't know if it should be my first real build in 30 years. I also see my Jefferson ( my first and only DH) is back lasor cut. Also a lack of space in my house is going to make me have to think hard because I can only fit one if I do it. These little puzzles are perfect for my space problem but I want a REAL DH! Ok done airing my thoughts. :D

I am giggling because I just happened to go to the GL store online to see if they had my Haunted House and low and behold there was the Brimbles and the Jefferson! I am sooooooo tempted to do my Jefferson over and this time do it right! I would love that store though...you could collect so many miniatures in that building. I wish I had some pictures of what other people have done with it just to see what it looks like built. I am afraid I don't have the skill level to do the store.

Skill is not the main tool one needs to buils any house. IMO, I think patience and perserverance are the main ones. You could build anything if you put your mind to it! Take it from me! I was "Clueless"(the cap C is not a typo) and my first GL was the Beacon Hill!

Sure you can do it! You did these without even any instructions! But where did you see the Brimbles, I couldn't find it.

i've been running errands, spreading fresh mulch in the front, and now have a batch of floors to mop. Maybe then I can get back to my house making.

Its in the GL Company online store. I found it pretty much by accident.

The last time I built a dollhouse I hot glued the entire thing. It lasted 30 years and is still intact according to the mother of the little girl I gave it to. Shows you what I knew then about it and not much more now except this great site would be helpful...its certainly motivating!

I just went to Wally Mart and on the way home my car automatically drives into the Michaels parking lot...lol

They had Joshua's Lifestyle Collectibles for 49 cents! I wish they had more of them but I got a couple of cute things just in case I decide to do Brimbles. They were in the clearance section.

I thought about that Brimbles all morning and its calling my name big time. I wish I had more space in my real house but where there is a will there is a way? I could always get rid of a chair or something.

Yesterday I went to Ollies junk store and bought a cardtable cheap for a workspace so now I have that crammed in this room too. :D