Chronicles of Narnia

ilovecats

Excellant movie!!! We watched it last night for the first time. I loved it from start to finish! The Beavers were awesome, loved the cockney accent and was so very surprised from reading the credits that my favorite british comedian was Mrs Beaver....Dawn French!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE her! she is soooo funny and interesting. I would love to meet her in person just to have a conversation with her! Marg

If you haven't seen this film you just HAVE to!

Definitely worth getting, loved the story, and the effects are fantastic. I'd recommend the widescreen version, since you'd miss half the film in pan and scam. And I like the fact that the film makers realized you can make a film that's less than 3 hours long.

I'm not sure I want to see it. The Chronicles of Narnia were childhood friends and I have these images in my head of what all the characters looked like and how they sounded. It's an odd eccentricy of mine, (does it surprise anyone that I'm eccentric?) but I don't watch movies made of my favorite books. They change the personal relationship I have with the book. (I also count stairs when I go up or down them, but we won't get into that)

We brought home "Memoirs of a Geisha" last night and I was entranced with it. (high praise from someone who watches a movie maybe once or twice a year--I have the attention span of a gnat) Of course, ya'll know that I'm crazy about anything asian and with the samurai house under construction right now, it's very front and center in my consciousness, but it really is a good movie. The sets and costumes are fabulous to begin with, but the story line is intriguing. Really beautifully done.

Deb

I do recommend the film, but can understand people who are hesitant becasue of reading the books. I hav't so have no idea how the film compares. I can understand that reluctance more given what Disney have done to classics in the past, Winne the Pooh should have got them the chair.