Alison Dollhouse by Real Good Toys

crazy4minis

I purchased a Real Good Toys Alison (Jr.?) from Craig's List. He was asking $25 but he took $20 for it.

He had previously bought it at a flea market.

I already have several dollhouses, BUT I can say no. I can't figure out what to do with it and I need ideas.

I could make it a B&B or a house converted into apartments. I like the apartment idea because I have been wanting to do something like that for a long time, BUT it would take so much work! I would have to add on an addition, Put on a second floor door and outside steps which would take up too much room, because the rooms are too small to block off to make private entrances.

Help!

Thanks,

Susan in Ohio

I love a new house - don't you?? All the planning for it and shopping.

I found it helpful to make a list of all the houses and stores I would like to have someday (pet shop, victorian, colonial) and it helps me choose what to do with my houses. Sometimes though, I just have something and the right house pops up for it (like the pedal cars and the newport)

I think I have decieded to make an apartment, a three level apartment bldg. Problem is, I would need to put on an addition (bedroom and small bathroom) BUT I really don't have the room for that, plus that would be ALOT of work, especially with the way the side of the roof is, so...........

How about I just make the living room and kitchen, pretending the rest of the apartment lies in the back in the house, where you can't see it?

Ideas??

Thanks

http://community.webshots.com/user/Crazy4minis

Edited by crazy4minis

it's a great house. i built one myself and added the addition to it. rgt advertises 9 rooms but that isn't true at all, i also added a door access to the second floor porch and added a window to the tower room. i must say the house is large and heavy! lots of possibilities for sure. check out my gallery to see pics of my alison jr. and congrats on that awesome price! what a steal!

Thanks, everyone for your suggestions. A dollhouse friend of mine suggested I divide up the rooms and create a tiny bathroom and tiny kitchen in the living rooms, but the rooms are not big enough to do that. I did think of just making living rooms and kitchens and pretending the bathroom and bedrooms were in the back.

It has hinges on the inside, which I am removing BUT it does not open in the front. I don't have the addition, but wish I did. I really don't want to add more than 8 inches due to space. I got so many houses now, I don't even know where I will keep this one!

Oh, and I also thought of adding a door to the second floor patio as well! But, to make it easy, I will just put in a false door so I don't have to cut.

Right now, I am using a craft knife and scraping out the paper that had been glued in. Most of it was already torn badly.

Thanks,

Susan

The Alison is a cute house when finished. I'm looking at a picture of it in the 94 HBS catalog..... You could buy it three ways back then. As a kit for $89.99 on sale, the component set only sold for $255.62 or you could splurge and buy the Allison kit and component set for a grand total of $309.00 - so you got a good deal!

You could put the dividing walls near the staircase, making a hallway on each floor, and do each big room as a bedsit, or studio. It is pretty common for older houses to be divided into these tiny flats in England, bathrooms were often shared so you wouldn't have to put them in the apartments.

I have thought about buying the addition to the Alison, but it only goes to the second floor, and I need it to go the third floor. I looked at the roof on the side, and I would have to remove that in order to put in a third floor, then try to reattach the side roof, but I think it might be a really big job.

As far as the hinges,I am taking them out. The house is a little wobbly, but I can always use glue and or something like that to fill in the cracks.

I am going to put in a wall on each floor near the stairs like a real apartment, and put in doors to each apartment.

I might just do a living room and a bedroom, I still can't figure out how I want to do it. I have started to paint the outside, painting over the light blue with a beige/light brown and painting the whitish trim and all with a brick-like red, modern colors I have been seeing on houses.

I love the modern look, and that what it will be. Perhaps a former house converted into apartments? Perhaps a condo?

Susan