Starting on Interior

heidiiiii

I couldnt take it anymore. I had to work on something on the inside! <_<

I made my first attempt at wallpapering in the 2nd floor hallway. It isnt the greatest (perfectionist here) but I can cover my mistakes and learn as I go. I made a template of the hallway floor and started cutting, sanding and glueing pop sticks to template.

I made a outline page of where the wiring is b4 I started. I have been paying attention!

Have you seen the 'Skinny Sticks'? They're smaller hobby sticks, and the edges are slightly chamferred, prolly from the way they're cut, so stuck together there's a nice definition, and obviously they're thinner than the regular hobby sticks and have square ends. I got some from Wally World and think they'll be important to the Garf. It also seems there are 2 grades to the sticks, economy and deluxe, or something like that. The better ones are more expensive, but flatter and more even coloured.

I use skinny sticks for all kinds of things. I made my pleater out of skinny sticks and they can be just right to fill in around window frames. I'm using them for the porch flooring on the Coventry now. As Doogster said, they have the nice square ends and they don't need to be sanded. I especially like that part!

Deb

Yep I used them to make my pleater as well and I also used them to make a couple of the windows on my gypsy caravan. The nice rounded edges and square ends make it easy to just mitre and put in place, no sanding required. They're great for minis!

-David

The cheap skinny sicks are what I used for my wainscots & bar in the Glencroft pub. It didn't matter to me what color they were because I stained everything oak.

It might, the cheaper ones can have some real severe colour differences that would look really out of scale and would show right through any clear stain. BTB (by the by) I'm planning on using oak stain in the Garf since it's quite light, and the enclosed design can be dark. I'm also planning on using them for some ceilings, just painted white, should give a nice plank ceiling effect, I've seen it on porch ceilings, tastes great, less filling. Also in kitchens.

You guys know I meant WalMart right? In their craft section.

WallyWorld = Walmart

Get up to speed there doogster.. LOL Jk!

Love the movie Vacation with Chevy Chase when they go cross country to visit Wally World. I have been calling it that forever.