Someting I would love to do

PATBIDLACK

Heidi,

Our farm house is very small. I actually love it. Two tiny bedrooms upstairs, one of which is now my craft room. The downstairs bedroom is so tiny that a double bed would fill it wall to wall with a little space on either side of the bed. The living room is 16 x16 and so is the kitchen. THe former owners took the "largest" bedroom downstairs and divided it in half, making one half the bathroom and one half the laundry room. Both are very long narrow rooms. This small house works well for us in the summer as we are outside and practically live on the front screened porch. In winter it is another story. We are jammed in and crowded. The other day I came home to a tire in the ktichen. I asked John what he was doing and he said it was so cold outside that he had to let the tire warm up in the kitchen so he could repair it. LOL. I sometimes think if we had more space and were spread out more it wouldn't be so hard to keep clean. If we could renovate and remove the wall between the kitchen and living room and re arrange the kitchen we would end up with more usable space. But..the stairs to the second story and basement are there so that's impossible. But I know an old mansion would be hard to heat etc. . when we go to St Paul and drive along Summit Avenue, which has all the old Victorian homes built by the wealthy in the 1880's I pretend I will buy one someday! So instead of living in a mansion I am building the Garfield. It's the closest I will ever get to that mansion. But lots of fun too Rita

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd build a wonderful 'real' tree house as a workshop/studio. Love all my guys, but need 'me time' for a few hours a week. They could borrow the tree house when they need the same...but NO stamps/computer games/junk mail/dirty laundry shall draw near it!!!

My dream of many years has been to buy an old house with a big yard and turn it into a shop. I want to have a greenhouse for herbs and annuals, fish ponds for Koi and water plants, and the lower floor of the house full of herbal products such as bath salts, soaps, candles, lots of antiques for display and for sale, and artist made items (such as minis, dolls, paintings, etc). I would turn the second floor into a studio where quilting, scrapbook, miniature clubs, etc could meet and have lessons and parties. I would keep the kitchen and hire someone to do the catering for any parties, make cookies or whatever.

I plan on starting this the day after I win the lottery that I'm too cheap to buy tickets for! :p