basement

Anya

Hi everyone. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a basement underneath the first floor of my Beacon hill. I have completed the construction of the house but would just like some extra room.

How do you think I could go about this? I was thinking of buying a low standing cupboard the same length as the Beacon hill. I could take out the shelves and try to make rooms from the cupboard and put the Beacon hill on top. Or would that look stupid?

And due to David Hasslehoff getting one too many ladies hot under the collar he has had to go on vacation, so here's a little something to bring you all crashing down to earth! :D

Enjoy!

The cupboard is a great idea! :p Will you make stairs leading to the basement too? And what rooms are you planning for the basement?

Oh it will definitely have stairs, but the type that have open spaces between them.

I'd have an old oil lamp down there made to look dirty and with a really dull glow, there would be rats and barrels in one room, err (on second thoughts :D ) maybe not.

Ok I would definitely have a storage room that was dark and dingy, a music room and a bar!

A bar would be cool. Hehe

I'll make sure I'll have a cocktail bar. Oh yes :p

Heidi. Dh can sit in the bar to drown his sorrows after I give him his usual telling off. He doesn't drink but neither do dolls so I don't think that'd be a problem. I just hope no 'spirits' will be joining him, Hehe. Ok, ok I know baaaad joke! :p

I'll make sure I'll have a cocktail bar. Oh yes :p

Please, don't forget the mini coconut cocktails!!! =)

Can't wait to see the dirty storage room!!! And your house needs definitely some rats and mice! :p

BTW... I liked your spirits joke! :D:p

Do you know I have been looking for this topic for ages and now I have found it. <_<

Hey I'll have a dirty room with a mini Hasslehoff in it. Sweeping the room of course! :p

I will not forget the coconut cocktails though, I have wrote it down on my 'things to do list'. ;)

Wendi, why settle for a small cupboard? You could use an old hollowed out tv cabinet, or a portable cabinet of some sort--and put those winding stairs in it that you get in kits,or......build it. Go for broke! :p

I think I just about have your book figured out. I stayed up tonight fiddling with the images, and I think you will have a book with images on both sides of the page! ;) Now, why not have a hot tub along with that tikki bar? <_<

Wendi, why settle for a small cupboard? You could use an old hollowed out tv cabinet, or a portable cabinet of some sort--and put those winding stairs in it that you get in kits,or......build it. Go for broke! :blink:

I think I just about have your book figured out. I stayed up tonight fiddling with the images, and I think you will have a book with images on both sides of the page! :p Now, why not have a hot tub along with that tikki bar? <_<

OH Lisa with all these ideas you are going to run me into debt! A hot tub sounds like a very good idea. i'll make some hot dolls to go with it! Hehe

Thank's so much for the book. You are a clever clog, I cannot wait to see it! ;)

Hey I'll have a dirty room with a mini Hasslehoff in it. Sweeping the room of course! :p

I will not forget the coconut cocktails though, I have wrote it down on my 'things to do list'. ;)

Good girl!!! =)

Can't wait to see David sweeping the room in his red shorts! <_<