Can Anyone Help Me, Please???

wenlaine

I know that quite a few of you have done the 144th scale and after having seen the little Beacon Hill, I thought I might try it. I purchased the cottage (cheaper and I'm not sure if I will like working that small) and now I want to get furniture for it. My question is, is 1/4" the same as 144th scale? I feel really stupid but from what I've seen the 1/4" looks so small but I thought I had better ask you who are in the know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy.

NO NO. 1/4 is not the same as 1/144 ... 1/4 much much bigger. I made that mistake when I first went into 1:144. If you want to know some ebay sellers that sell 1:144, send me a pm ... I've got some listed at home (I'm at the office right now).

Susanne

hey I also would love a list of 1/144th scale sellers!

love that scale!

nutti :D

make sure you have a nice set of tweezers

mine are invaluable when working in this scale.

also if it your intention to decorate and furnish it is a real good idea to do it before putting the house together!

I think Wende posted a list of scales. Jenni is correct,what is commonly referred to as 1:4 (quarter) scale is 3"=1'. What many dollhouse collectors and makers call 1/4 scale may refer to 1:48 scale, 1/4"=1'. The most common dh scale seems to be 1:12, 1"=1'. 1:144 scale would be 1/12 the size of 1:12 scale, which is extremely tiny. I have seen 1:144 furniture sets in the HBS catalogue.

1/144 is that a dolls house for a dolls house?

(seriously!)

yup! seriously!

post-9-1142368198_thumb.jpg these are the ones I have done! I have a Beacon Hill kit waiting for me also.

and yes Glen...baby will have to have one of these for her house someday! :D

you can find a printable one with the inside also at http://www.printmini.com/printables/p1.shtml

I like to make those for the small girls like your sweetie.

Nutti - Kerbey Lane Miniatures sells 1:144 furniture on ebay. Sometimes other sellers have some, but she's fairly consistent. Just do a 1:144 scale ebay search, but be sure and type in dollhouse miniatures or you'll get all kinds of things come up. SDK Miniatures on the web has some of the cutest furniture (and kits).

Wendy and Glen - in my webshots, and the Greenleaf gallery, there are pictures of two of my 1:144 dollhouses. There's a cabin (and I've furnished it ... no curtains or fabric yet) and some landscaping. Then there's a brightly painted yellow 1:144 dollhouse with a blue roof. I made that as a dollhouse for my dollhouse children. It's also furnished. I bought some cute little teddy bears that fit inside this dollhouse.

Glen - the small dollhouse that I painted the bright yellow colour is available (unpainted) on ebay and through some dollhouse miniature companies. I painted it myself, and then just bought some furniture. You're more talented than I am and could probably make some of the small furniture to place inside of it.

If you need any help finding the 1:144 furniture or unpainted dollhouse, just let me know and I'll do a search.

Susanne

I will not start the BH

I will not start the BH

I will NOT start the BH

although it did come out of hiding yesterday for another look see

and petting session. I gotta find my wallpaper that I already printed.

I am looking forward to building it.

its going to be Lemon yellow with either Navy and white trim

or dark purple and white trim.

looking forward to this project is almost as fun as starting it.

one thing about the little houses is they dont take long to do....so when its done that little thrill is gone till the next one. and as expensive as the little insanities are...I want to savor it!

lol

Nutti, I'm so proud that you've shown such restraint, not sure I could have done it. It will make it even more special when you do complete it. (Isn't there some old fashion saying about delayed satisfaction?) Can't seem to recall it now.

Peggi

What.....You have not started the 144th scale beacon hill yet? I am glad I did not bet money because I would have lost for sure! :D

It looks so tiny in person. I will have another look at the scale in person when I go to the Bishop show in a couple of weeks but I must say if they do a Willowcrest, I gotta have it!!

What.....You have not started the 144th scale beacon hill yet?
welll eerrmmm yes I have started it :p:p:p

but I must say if they do a Willowcrest, I gotta have it!!

you and me both sistah!!

and Ill have to have 2 of them....my friend with the Willowcrest will need one for in her house.

maybe I should drop NortEastern a line and let them know how much the Willowcrest is loved!

lol

yup! seriously!

post-9-1142368198_thumb.jpg these are the ones I have done! I have a Beacon Hill kit waiting for me also.

and yes Glen...baby will have to have one of these for her house someday! :p

you can find a printable one with the inside also at http://www.printmini.com/printables/p1.shtml

I like to make those for the small girls like your sweetie.

Darn!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Just had to look and so had to be side tracked.

Looked easy so wasted several hours experimenting.

Glen

Yes I mean the printed one. The n gauge is one I had lying around that I thought could be cut and converted to a cool DH.

I was thinking.

1) put it under my stairway in the room full of pot plants, sitting on a table.

2)All those little peaks would hide lovely little grain of weat lights.

3) little bit of landscaping around it - cool

Means it would be static display rather than another play thing.

This dollhouse stuff is getting more and more complicated.

I'll NEVER be finished.

My head hurts

Glen