some new pictures of the inside of cobweb cottage

dollshousegirl

I have put some new piccys in my album of my progress with cobweb cottage, it is becoming cobweb cottage now to me. even bought a cobweb to go in it to.

I have laid all the floorboards and stained them, fitted the downstairs fireplace and bought one for the upstairs (got to paint that one) sorted all the lights out and the route the wires will take, had to get some heat shrink tubing to lengthen some wires, but it works beautifully and I am well pleased i have sorted that out as now i can move on to the outside........ staining the beams next and yippe, having a go at thatching, got some lovely terracotta chimney pots to go on top of the chimneys, also a wonderful weathervane of a rearing horse, just you wait til you see it ..................... can't wait my self to see it in place

enjoy......... I will have piccys of the outside in progress next time for you

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...album&album=119

hi sunny, this is where i am, Lincoln, Oh no its not kept the red dot on Lincoln. If you look on the east coast just above the wash and below the humber, go in land a bit thats where Lincoln is

where are you ?

Aww that is a gorgeous house. Well done.

I bet it will look great when it has all the furniture in there.

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

post-315-1142233754_thumb.jpg

Beautiful work! I love the outside of it.

thank you Andrea, I am having lots of fun doing it, going to thatch soon. eek !

just had a look at your site, I really like the house you are going to turn in a vets, my daughter would love that idea. its a lovley looking house too

Sal

well you know how houses sort of speak to you and evolve as you are building them... well I have stained the glencroft trims today and as soon as i started to place them, the house spoke Bavarian Cottage to me, it definatley has a german look to it..... lets see if it still says german qwhen the thatch starts to go on

something like this --

I know the glencroft is not at all like this, but having spent some of my childhood in germany, I suddenly got an impression of one of these houses, when i was putting the trim on, could be the really dark stain i have used

post-315-1142725795_thumb.jpg

I have never been anywhere but here in the USA but my glencroft cries out for a mountainside to live on!

I used mahogany stain on it and it is dark. I love it!

I would loved to have thatched it but I was not that brave!

cant wait to see how yours turn out!

nutti :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dp.grice/theglencroft.htm

lookie here, this is what I have been doing today for my glencroft. its inspired from a picture in the book cottage interiors. this is almost excalty what the picture looks like. if anyboady has that book grab it and check LOL

Isn't it just the cosiest corner

I love this house, the more I see of the Glencroft, the more I want it. I love what you did with the corner oven and the fireplaces. Its really charming,you should be very proud. Im going to look for that book you mentioned too! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures!

I love this house, the more I see of the Glencroft, the more I want it. I love what you did with the corner oven and the fireplaces. Its really charming,you should be very proud. Im going to look for that book you mentioned too! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures!

you really should go for it, get your sself a Glencroft, it is such a lovley house, has a great personality, I just hope that what I do with the furnishings does that justice

the book is called cottage style the isbn no. is ISBN: 1589230574 do a search on amazon. I think the same people also do a flea market style, garden style and cabin style.

• 4 weeks later...

there are now some pictures of the curtains in cobweb cottage, its looking more like a home now.

If you have ever done a Glencroft, you will know there is a window right at the top of the stairwell, well to get the net curtain up on that window i actually got my head inside the bedroom, it was so cool ! felt like i was small. just couldn't turn my head, to gaze around the room, I could look at the fireplece LOL

hope you like the pics, look in my greenleaf album