Hi from Nijmegen

Nileke

HI Mariane! :wave:

Welcome to the neighborhood!

My cat is a long haired siamese. She gets into everything and loved to sit ontop of my Harrison until I gave it a niece.

I have a small house and am always looking for more compact houses. The Laurel is charming and one I've considered for myself. I have a Glencroft and a Duracraft Heritage to build, which are both small with plenty of character. I thought eventually of having a small house in every room! The McKinley is great because it hangs on the wall!

Oh, I adore the colors of the Siamese cats! Not to mention those beautiful blue eyes. Mine happen to be ordinary cats. They both came from shelters.

The Laurel was actually the first one I intended to buy. I just love that porch and it looks great if I use siding. Funny, siding is always the first thing that comes to mind when I think of American houses. Siding and porches.

And I so agree on the more compact houses. They sure have plenty of character and they're more versatile in the sense that there's more spots to display them anywhere in your house.

The Glencroft is a bit more complicated to build, I gathered from reading a blog. Which doesn't exclude it from my wish list, but not as a first build. It sure is a lovely house and very pleasing to the eye.

I also love the Orchid and the Buttercup.

Would that be easier for a beginner than paper clay?
Each has its own advantages. You can also make siding from posterboard or other heavy card; once you glue it down & paint it it will look like clapboard. Read the Team Orchid blog?, Linda used paper clay & I used spackling compound.

Hi - I'm glad you've introduced yourself - although I have read about your day at the mini show already, it's nice to "meet" you properly. :lol:

I love all the Greenleaf houses - they are full of character and so versatile!

We have three cats - two from a shelter, and a Siamese who was a stray. Just like the Greenleaf dollhouses, they're also full of character - and they won't stay away from my houses. :o

Hi - I'm glad you've introduced yourself - although I have read about your day at the mini show already, it's nice to "meet" you properly. :)

I love all the Greenleaf houses - they are full of character and so versatile!

We have three cats - two from a shelter, and a Siamese who was a stray. Just like the Greenleaf dollhouses, they're also full of character - and they won't stay away from my houses. :p

What a coincidence: Muis and Nils come from shelters too! And my first cat Saartje was a stray. He passed away in '98.

No doubt my cats won't stay away from my dollhouse either. I hope they won't explore the trim too closely.. icon4.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tracy! Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have my Westville and the Laurel. It's a very long drive, at least for me, so I decided to treat myself to both The Westville and the Laurel! I adore wraparound porches, and the Laurel was my initial choice when I started looking at dollhouse kits.

Once I get them, I probably will have a hard time deciding which one to build first :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...