My bashed Fairfield

Shanna

Grrr.. If you add a picture but forget to "upload" you loose your post. I just typed a note about how much fun I'm having bashing my fairfield, but I lost it when I forgot to hit "upload" before I clicked "post new topic".

Anyhow, I added pictures to my gallery - I'm loving this, but my family is a bit jealous of how much time I'm spending with my little house.

I can't re-type the rest right now - I was telling all about how it's 1910, and the family members and all that jazz, but I have to take my real life girls to dance class now. More later!

Here's how she looked after dry fitting the bashed peices before I took her apart for primer and the final build:

Thanks for all of the encouragement everyone!! I'm still having fun, but as I described in another thread, I started wiring yesterday and Ugh! It was much harder than I thought it was going to be, but once I got the hang of it, not SO bad. I didn't have enough light, and made the holes too small so the brads wouldn't go in... The first hour was a disaster, but eventually I figured it out. I've got first two floors of the right half of the house (living room/dining room) glued and wired, even some wallpaper in place. It's beginning to look like real tiny little home :lol: .

I need to finish gluing, spakleing, sanding and re-painting the deck extensioin before I can build the left side of the house. I already did all that, but didn't think about that when I glue it on, I want it to look like all one deck, not a deck glued together down the middled, so.... live and learn. I'm hoping to get that done this week. I also need more wallpaper soon. I have trouble deciding, but there are areas where I need to wallpaper before moving on b/c I won't be able to reach it later.

I'll post more pictures soon.

Shanna

Awesome bash! Can't wait to see more!

I have a Fairfield waiting patiently in a box. I have absolutlely NO mini supplies for it yet which is why i haven't started it. Can't wait to see more! Start a blog and post a ton of photos! :)

• 2 weeks later...