Wiring a Fully Finished and Decorated Dollhouse

angliris

I have a Pierce that is 16 years old. It started to fall apart and was run down. So instead of just glueing it back together I decided to fix it up and put lights in. I started by stripping the wallpaper and flooring and thats where I stopped till I figured out what lights I wanted and where I was going to put them.unsure.gif

Has anyone ever tried wiring a house that was already?

How did it go?

Did you have to take the house completely apart to do it?

Any suggestions anyone?

I fixed up an old beat up house,my Westville, and wanted lights after the fact. I just did it the hard wire way and added lamps instead of overhanging lights. The wires can be easily hidden under furniture,baseboards,etc. Dont know how much you know about lighting...I know next to nothing....but for this way you just need the lights with plugs, transformer and power strip.

You say you have stripped the flooring and wallpaper? Then it doesn't matter that the house is built. You can tapewire it. Start on one side with your junction splice, then just keep taping the walls about an inch from the floor, higher than where your baseboards are gonna be, bending the tape around corners, and folding to change directions, and climb walls, make a folded tiny square on the ceiling, and move on to the next floor, till you get to the top. This method however, will mean you have to re-wallpaper, and put new flooring down. My ceiling fixtures go through the floor above and plug into the next floor. I do not cut and splice, just bend and fold, less problems later that way. I use pound-in receptacle to plug the lights in, and it works like a charm.

• 15 years later...

I’ve been working on my dollhouse sporadically in the past year due to circumstances beyond my control, but I’m back and needing some help desperately. The exterior is finally done with all new windows and roof! Outside I love it but now the scary part. Ive gutted the inside but I want to wire it. bought a new tape wiring kit to use but for the life of me I can’t find any videos for wiring an already assembled house. The house is big and very heavy sitting on a base. Someone must have started to set it up for tape wire at one time as there is a wire partially around the base and a plug for a transformer. That’s the extent of the wiring. Walls and floors have no tape wire. I did leave the living and dining room floors as they are glued down hard. 
if any of you know of a good video for wiring I’d love your input. 
Thank you in advance! I’ve been taking lots of pics before and I’ll post the after if I can ever get it wired so I can finish. Seems terribly scary at the moment. Elizabeth

Edited by Diputsinva
Forgot to thank everyone