Is anybody else trying to lose some pounds?

SuzyQ

Man did I have an awful dream!!!!

I went back to bed after I took RayAnne to school and dreamed(or is it dreamt ;) ) anyhow. I dreamed that I was having a pre diet binge. Oh man cookies, cake, chips whatever was around. Then I was feeling that awful guilty feeling of not have any control over the food situation. What a nightmare!!!

Then I woke up and was so thankful to realize it wasn't true and I was still doing well. :) ;) :p

12 pounds and counting.

SuzyQ

PS. Heidii where are you????

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man did I have an awful dream!!!!

PS. Heidii where are you????

I am here! (whimper whimper). Computer is dead. I am at the library making sure you all havent submitted my obituary. Hopefully it will be running soon.

When I was dieting a long time ago, I had a vivid memory of skydiving into huge ice cream sundae valley. Like mountains and then whipped cream and maraschino cherry nirvana. That was years ago and I still remember it.

Dont deprive yourself. Your psyche is suffering. Give yourself a lil goodie and you will feel better!

I have been eating well but that is because I am taking care of a sick kid and dont have any time to eat.

If puter isnt up and running by monday I will come here and check in.

Keep up the fort while I am gone!

Hi Heidi , (and everyone else who's out there :) )

So glad your back it was getting a bit lonely on here without you.

Just got back from watching RayAnnes school play. Our sweet quiet daughter played Rizzo in the school version of Grease. You remember she was the school how do I say this nice Floozy.

RayAnne is so good at playing someone so far from her character. She has always surprised us because she really is quite shy but loves and shines on stage. It's like she's not the same child.

Can you tell it's a proud momma talking?

Any how I am still doing great on my diet I weigh again on Friday.

Have a good evening SuzyQ

I went to diabetes dr on Monday and she had good news and bad news. She told me that she could keep me on my regimine of meds for a decade (2000mg glucophage and avandia cant remember mg right this moment and too tired to get up and look).

But she knows (and I know) the inevitable is coming. Insulin. I have maintained my weight. Meaning I lost all the weight from my gorge-fest and she THINKS I maintained my weight. But my sugars were still okay during that episode.

She is giving me 6 more weeks to show marked improvement in the weight category. If I do lose more weight (she wants to see 20lb loss) I will stave off the needle, for now. If I do not, I will be going to CVS for the supplies.

I really dont think I can do it. I cannot exercise in the classical sense. Bad hip bad leg not related to diabetes.

I could swim but all the indoor pools around here OVER chlorinate and I get skin rash. (i am not copping out, it has happened at high school pool and local hotel pool)

So she wants me to cut calories down more. Alot more. Like bunny food more. Like recurring ice cream sundae dreams..

I mean I could do it. I could like really deprive myself and lose the weight. I know what will happen. I will have to keep that weight off and she will up the ante! I will be one cranky mommy.

I have done very well keeping off the over 100 I lost. I have kept it off for more than 5 years. I am hearing that it doesnt count anymore. Now I have to lose......218 - 130 = 88 lbs. :o :):p ;) :o

Heidi, I'm sorry, but your endochrinologist is right. Age is a factor, too. I fought the cholesterol fight for YEARS with diet & exercise, but heredity won out & now I'm on cholesterol-lowering med; but I maintain the diet & exercise just to keep weight stable.

The fact that you have kept off 100 pounds for 5 years is amazing to me. :)

I only kept my 55 off for 2.

So sorry to hear about what the Dr. said. It's the pits. But maybe if you could live a little while on the rabbit food and get a little more weight off it would be easier on your body to get some kind of exercise in. And then add a bit more food to your diet.

I do remember when I lost that 55 pounds it was so nice to get up in the mornings and not have to tip toe because my feet hurt , my back quit hurting also. It was amazing. Even with what little I have lost this time my knees are starting to feel better.

Just hang in there Heidi something will work out. I will keep you in my prayers that's a promise. ;)

SuzyQ

Heidiii -

So sorry to hear the news that you got from your doctor.

Here in Edmonton we have Women's Wellness Centres at our hospital. About 4 times a year we get information mailed to us on upcoming programs. They offer diet assistance and exercise / water programs for all fitness and age levels. They are really inexpensive, and are offered right at the hospital. I've been considering (still haven't registered for anything) taking some classes. Do you have anything like that where you live?

Susanne

My husband works at the local hospital so getting into a program would be ez. It is me that is the problem. I have a problem with diet programs where I have to be weighed and told what to eat and stuff like that there.

The hospital has a program called Winding your weight down and The Day Paper and the hospital are having a shape up for the summer challenge.

You get to win a personal trainer..OooooOOooo! You see... that doesnt tickle me or make me want to sign up at all!

I have done Weight watchers. Gone to the Joslin Diabetes Center (doctor was mean and made me cry on more then one occasion). When I was a pre-teen my sister and I joined Gloria Stevens, Anybody remember that one?

I know my pessimism will be my un-doing.

Hey everyone,

Well, I weighed a day early this week (I have a volleyball game tonight and for some reason the next day after I am always a bit bloated) anyhow am excited to say that I lost another 3 pounds :o :p :o I have reached my second goal. A total of 15 pounds in 4 1/2 weeks. My next goal of course is the 20 pound mark hoping to hit it in at least 2 weeks.

My niece is getting married on May 13 it would be nice to actually be excited about buying a new outfit for the wedding. :) ;)

I am just so happy that this is actually working. Between my sister and you all it has made things easier. Well I have to get to my game. Have a good evening.

SuzyQ

Congratulations SuzyQ. Glad you are doing so well. Keep this up and they won't recognize you at the wedding.

Heidi: I have the same problem you do, the mind knows you need to do this but the spirit just ain't willing. LOL I sometimes say to myself "Self you really need to get up off your lazy butt and walk on that treadmill", and darn if self says in return "We'll start tomorrow, the dh needs attention now, or ER is not a rerun, let's watch it." and then I find myself watching t.v. or sitting on my butt fiddling with the dh. LOL

I'm stuck, I have not loss a pound, Have not gained a pound. Im just sitting here with the same weight and same measurements. GRRRRR.

Melissa

Melissa I know how you feel that happens to me sometimes. I just try not to get discouraged. It will eventually move if you keep making good food choices. All I am really doing is portion control and (not eating those 450 calorie jelly rolls I used to eat on the way to work every day :) ) I stay between 1000 and 1200 calories. Seems to be working well.

Well we didn't win the volleyball tournament. Bumber but it was so much fun . It is the best 2 out of 3 games and it went down to all 3 games you have to win by 2 points and that's what happened. The other team won by 2 points. It was so good though I couldn't be dissapointed. And I played so well I could really tell those 15 pounds were gone I can jump, spike and run around so much better ;)

Well I best get to bed. I am going on a class trip with our daughter tomorrow all the way to Nashville it will be a very long day.

Oh and on Saturday we get to go Mini Shopping. :o

Have a good weekend

SuzyQ

I have been very good yesterday and today. That is because Nat is having her friend over to go to the movies and sleep over. I have a coupon! 2 lg pizzas (1 Mozz, 1 any topping) and 1 2 lt. bottle of soda (any flavor) for $10.49!!

Cant beat that deal! So that is what is for dinner tonight. There will be 5 of us and you know the kids will eat pizza for breakfast.

It has been so beautiful the last couple of days but with Chelsea being sick and me running around, I havent had time to sit outside and enjoy it. And it is supposed to rain tomorrow!

I bought a coach light for the dh (50%off) and found some of those skinny sticks at AC Moore. So I am going to work on the dh tonite and tomorrow!

I have been ignoring the poor thing! It is neglected. Someone is going to call Dollhouse and Family Services on me if I dont tend to her.

Have a good weekend all! If you have the great weather...Enjoy it!

Cross my heart! I only ate 2 slices of pizza. I paid for the pepperoni slice later on..LOL Still maintaining my weight.

Gotta think of something.

It has been hard. I dont know if anyone else if feeling the financial pinch but we are. We were able to do so well but EVERYTHING that is a necessity is more expensive. I have to calculate my groceries to the penny, gas here in CT just went up to $2.69 a gal., my electricity bill is now normally $150 a month when the norm used to be $70-80.

So to buy fresh fruits and veggies, better breads, etc.is very difficult on a family of four.

(sounds like i am whining but i am not, i swear!)

I just have to figure out how NOT to deny myself food, but eat better, and not spend too much! I have been mixing my jasmine rice with white rice to save on the more expensive kind.

Oh the pizza was great! the coupon was great! I think everybody else thought the coupon was great too. I called, took me 10 min to get there, stopped at Cumberland Farms before, it took another 30 min to get pizzas. Placed was mobbed!

It has been hard. I dont know if anyone else if feeling the financial pinch but we are. We were able to do so well but EVERYTHING that is a necessity is more expensive. I have to calculate my groceries to the penny, gas here in CT just went up to $2.69 a gal., my electricity bill is now normally $150 a month when the norm used to be $70-80.

Here in Alberta our power bill (electricity, water, sewage) is usually about $150/month. We're on a balanced billing plan with our Gas company so we pay $124/month all year through. Most of the gas consumption is in the Fall/Winter months to keep our furnaces running. We have Central Air Conditioning in our home, so we would also use the furnace during the hot summer days. Utilities have sure gone up in the last few years. Telephone is $55/month and Cable (tv and high-speed internet) runs $90/month. That also includes pay-per-view and several movie channels.

Anybody else want to share how expensive it is for basic services?

Susanne

Anybody else want to share how expensive it is for basic services?

Not particularly, the frequent attacks on our budget have always necessitated living well below our income in order to survive.

Yesterday's hike was a lot of fun! We recently joined the FL Trail Association and yesterday's hike(s) were on Nature Conservancy property. The bluffy and ravines along the eastern banks of the Apalachicola River are unique ecosystems and NC is working to restore what logging and other commercial development nearly destroyed. The hike before lunch was a little over two miles around what they call No Name Ravine and we saw hundreds of FL anise in bloom and as many Ashe's magnolias in bud (they have the biggest blossoms of any magnolia species, the flowers are milky white with reddish-purple thoats and reach the size of dinner plates), but one bit of excitement was when one of our members nearly stepped on a little copperhead snake! We figued she didn't actualy make contact because it didn't strike. Like most poisonous snakes it was very shy & scuttled out of the way; but it was little, and curious, so when some of us moved the vines aside it had crawled under to hide it merely curled up & held up its little head to pose for pictures.

We returned to TNC HQs for lunch and then drove over to the public trail, the Garden of Eden. There we hiked the road down to the former lake and returned off-trail along the streambed for a mile or so. The only problems I encountered were treacherous footing with the damp leaf litter on the steep slopes and then hiking uphill I kept having to stop to recover from mild hypoxia (I have a gimpy mitral valve with mitral regurge, so not very efficient at getting rid of all the carbon dioxide in the blood = rapid tiring). The hawks were nesting and kept "pewitting" at us to move on. The wild azaleas were still in bloom and very spectacular and I spotted the lone yellow violet in bloom as we were headed back along the actual trail. DH & I are going back soon to hike the public trail, which goes down to the river itself.

Hello Everyone,

Glad to hear that you had such a nice day Havannaholly!!!

Well I did have my first cheat day in 5 week. While we were out yesterday I was already starving and then I got a phone call saying that my sisters terminally ill husband is about done with his fight that I went to McDonalds and orderd a McChicken meal. I know I was eating out of emotion but it sure was good. I was pretty good last night until I got off of the phone with my sister and I got into the mac and chees thatw as looking at me from the fidge. But I am not going to punish myself and feel guilty I am back on the wagon today and it won't hurt me a bit if I stay a good girl for the rest of the week.

I will be leaving though today or tomorrow for Ontario. My sisters husband has melenoma and has shocked everyone with how long he has stayed alive. He was like th energizer bunny. Until day before yesterday he was still going out for coffee everday at Tim Hortons. He has tumors all over his body and all over in his brain. But now he is just about totally out of it. The hospice nurse says I should come that may go today or maybe in a few days. I just hope I can get there before. This is my baby sister and I want to be with her. He is only 36 and they have 2 young children. I am just waiting to get all the house stuff together. Laundry is running right now. I want to run out the door and go right now. but I have a family and can't.

My sister just IM me he is unresponsive now and breathing really hard. I need to get out of here. Hurry up dryer.

Ok well friends I better go

SuzyQ

I am so sorry for your family and you.

Havana, sounds like a great Saturday. I used to love walking around in the woods and nature here in my area. I dont think I could do a hike anymore. So I read your post and lived vicariously thru you.

It is so beautiful I think I want to go to my favorite spot today. Harkness Memorial State Park.

I used to go here when i was kid with my family. Kite flying, gardens, picnicing. It even has a pet cemetary.

I was a member for Friends of Harkness for quite awhile and volunteered in the gardens. I cant work to the capacity that they needed me anymore.

That sounds like a good sunday weight loss trip. Take a nice leisurely walk!

Please share our condolences with your family & give your sister a special hug from me, that's too young!

Thanks I am leaving very shortly. Mom mom just called he will probably be gone when I get there. Its a 10 hour trip. I am so upset I am not there with my sister.

SUzyQ

If I had wings, I would let you have them.

You will be there for your sister when she needs you the most. Dont feel the guilt of not being there now. She will need you most when you get there.

All my prayers are with you!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. (wrapping arms around you in a gently hug and sharing tears with you and your loved ones.)