Please help me ID this house

jgirl65

I aquired this vintage wooden dollhouse but cannot find anything on the internet that resembles it. The closest I found was one by Greenleaf which brought me here. Can anyone please help me identify this dollhouse? I've included 2 photo attachments.

Thank you, Jamie

post-3470-1220924707_thumb.jpg

post-3470-1220924752_thumb.jpg

There - wasn't that easy? This is a wonderful place to come to - most questions can be answered by one (or several) member/s, and everyone is so eager to help! By the way, welcome to the forum! :wave:

Your dollhouse is very handsome! Do you plan to furnish it? Perhaps re-decorate?

Thank you for welcoming me and I cannot believe just how fast you all gave me my answer! Kudos for knowing your stuff! And thank you.

I'm going to fix it up just a bit and then maybe sell it as there is no room for it here (according to my husband). It did come with very nice furniture which I took out to clean it up. The carpets needed a cleaning and some trim and doors need to be glued back on. Believe it or not I got it for $20 at a yard sale with all the furniture too.

Doing my research on trying to figure out who made this dollhouse, I've come to appreciate what draws people to love decorating dollhouses. It looks like so much fun to do and I love the detailed small scale replicas which are so amazing to me!

Jamie

That was an excellent find! If you really want to keep it, why not see if you can juggle your full size furniture around and make room for it? Think vertical space - it's amazing what can be stacked up when you put your mind to it! If you can do that - what more can your husband say? :o

I think the dollhouse has already called to you ... once you "rescued" it from the garage sale ... and crossed the threshold of your home with it in your arms .... well, there's just no turning back now. :blink:

Welcome, Jamie. you might also want to introduce yourself at the Newcomers' Forum, too. My DH mumbles about how we have no room for all the houses I want to build (well, we really don't have room for ALL the houses I want to build...), but he has also promised to build me some shelf sets to display my faves.

Kudos on the great yard sale find!

You are sounding like you MAY want to keep it. You can find room..believe me. Tell Dh that this is something you really want to try out. Tell him that if you were to buy that house on ebay or another online source, you would have paid LOTS more.

You can learn how to make your own things so that will save you money. It is a fun hobby/passion for many.

If you DO decide to sell, sell the furniture individually if they are higher end stuff and sell the house on it`s own. You will make two fold or more on what you invested in it. That is if you do not start working hard on it. Your hourly wages for building/decorating are a precious commodity.

I've decided to sell the house because I really do not have the time to invest in it as well as the storage space. And yes, I plan to sell the furniture separately as it is easier to store for a while longer. I'm curious, what do you think the house would sell for in it's present state?

J