I made some rugs!!

Shakyshaky

Okay I taught myself how to crochet. :o I have made a couple of rugs and put pics of them in the gallery. I need to practice some more so if you want a rug let me know. I have light blue, red, yellow and brown. I am going to try blankets tonight and will let you know how it goes.

Tell me what you think. :)

I started a small baby blanket with my F hook. I used very thin type of "yarn" for it. I also made a tiny hat and scarf.

I never really learned to be that good at crochet, but when I was younger I had (passed away 20 something years ago) who taught me how. Wish I had paid attention better. I can't keep my tension the same. Some "knots/loops" are tightter than the rest and it doesn't make for an even piece. I'm hoping with something so small it won't been as noticible! My habds hurt after just a short while so I must be holding the crochet needle too tight or something!

Buttercup Miniatures has a few free patterns and All Crafts has a bunch of links listed as well. most of which are full size. I'm no expert on scaling, but I bet if you use the really small hook with a embrodery yarn (thin) you can get something close tot he size you want. http://allcrafts.net/crochetknit.htm Also has lots of instructions!

I would love to have an afghan

I made Susanne's afghan using single-strand variegated embroidery floss and a size 12 (US) steel hook. For a rug I've used size 10 ecru crochet cotton & a size 10 steel hook.

For the curtains & bed stuff I used size 30 cotton & the #12 steel hook.

I wish crocheting was in my list of skills.

so many pretty things to make!

and yes Ladies my gran who makes the most beautiful things has tried to teach me more time than I care to count....I think she does it coz its good for a laugh or 3. ;)

nutti ;)

I made Susanne's afghan using single-strand variegated embroidery floss and a size 12 (US) steel hook.  For a rug I've used size 10 ecru crochet cotton & a size 10 steel hook.

For the curtains & bed stuff I used size 30 cotton & the #12 steel hook.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is a beautiful afghan. There are pictures in the Gallery that I took of my dollhouse ladies admiring their new afghan. This was also the first present that anybody has every made me for my dollhouse. That makes it so very special to me.

Susanne