My very own little dragon :):)

Quirky

Great job on the dragon, Karen.

I once had a link to a site for reborn dolls, but lost it in one of many 'puter crashes. I'm sorry there's nasty people there, but there are nasty people in every hobby, as in every other facet of life, which is why my favorite web places are strictly monitored.

Interesting what you say about nasty people in the reborn circle, would that be other people making the dolls, or the customers? I know a few guys (at least via forums, like I know you guys) who've tried to go pro at model making, kit making for customers. They essentially concluded the same thing, they got out of it very quickly. Very demanding customers. Only worth it if you're a Dave Merriman or Tom Sasser and can say you'll get it when it's finished.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doogster, It is manily the nasty people makeing the dolls I my opinion!! Yes the demand for custom dolls is high and Yes the customer's are very demanding. But I only got into it as a Hobby for personal intersts I did custom orders and they want you to get it out quickly I always said you'll get it when it's finished.

and it caused conflict .You are one smart cookie ;)

Holly I completly agree ;) Iam not one for feral cat matches ;)

Great job on the dragon, Karen.

I once had a link to a site for reborn dolls, but lost it in one of many 'puter crashes.  I'm sorry there's nasty people there, but there are nasty people in every hobby, as in every other facet of life, which is why my favorite web places are strictly monitored.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 2 weeks later...

well here he is...totally done!!! I think he is tooooo cool...it kinda sucks that the paints are so darn expensive... but I think they def. do a great job...:) Let me know what you all think!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragondone0204fr.th.jpg

dragondone022small5yg.th.jpg

:D Kristin, your dragon is awesome! I haven't had much time to read too many posts, I think you had posted about your little dragon on another forum also. If you are serious about making him, get yourself a good domain, not one through yapooie. It doesn't show your work to advantage. I use Robert Kothe for my website software(He is the son of Elaine Kothe, Petite People Plus) and the site is Web America. Reference my name--if you visit--he's a close friend and really up on the latest in catalog software. Great deal too.

The paints are well worth the money--the look is wonderful. One way to promote your product is to write a how to for the mini mags--especially American Miniaturist, or Dollhouse Miniature magazine, or even Miniature Collector. People would love a how to on this. Especially the online classes.

Lyn, what you say about the doll world is quite true in the miniature world too, depends on who you are dealing with. In my opinion, if you don't have a few like that, you really don't know you're succeeding! :) That's how I look at it--I don't let others bother me so much about what they think, especially their opinions vs. business. Your dolls are incredible! Should really get back into it--that last doll was beautiful. Customers who are really serious about buying the product will elect quality over speed any day of the week. You have great talent, would really encourage you to keep going. :D

He looks awesome, you have something very rare, talent. You make things come alive. Your creations breathe. I'd be afraid to put him near my dinner, I think he'd eat it. :)

Beautiful work Kristen. You really should consider branching out professionally. You've got what it takes.

Deb

I am working on that end...I have a few in the making for orders...and am working on a logo and site so I can start selling my creations and or getting commisions...been working on a COA also... I am getting there...slowly but surely!!! My 9-5 job and little girl get priority but I work most on the weekends and every once in a while a bit in the evening when my little one goes to bed :(:)

I do truly enjoy this medium and the more I do the better they are looking...I have been working on a wizard for myself and he is turning out great...I'll post pictures soon...

Thanks again everyone for the compliments...

Off to work some