my photos

ilovecats

Mia, Jinx and Cassie are adorable. Cassie very much resembles my cat Trinity (shown in my avatar). Trinity is black with that touch of white at the throat just like Cassie. How old is Mia ... she looks young. I love looking at other people's cats ... sometimes when I'm home alone I go into Webshots and look at people's pets. One of mine (Missymew) is curled up beside the keyboard on her blankie .... occasionally nudging my left hand. Trinity is curled up in a chair beside my chair ... she always sits beside me ... wherever I am.

Susanne

Cute cats. I tried to take pictures of my 3 Gizmo, Lil, & Kiwi yesterday but they didn't turn out very good. My cat Lil follows me every where but if I turn the wrong way I get bit :) . I know she loves me but she has a funny way of showing it.

It is so ironic how almost everyone on this forum has cats.

SuzyQ

Your pictures are really clear.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The pics are clear, and that's just a 3.2 megapixel camera. Pixel count seems to dominate sales pitches on digital cameras, but it's just part of the equation. The first and foremost consideration is the lens. A camera with a lousy lens has no way to take a decent picture, just like binoculars with cheap lens can't make a decent image. That's a Canon Powershot A-75 I got last year, I've blown up forest photos to 8x10 and they look great.

The house looks even better in person BTW.

sounds like you know your cameras!!! I have a simple advantix aps. Nothing fancy but I do love the pictures it takes. The mistakes are usually made behind the lense. LOL

SuzyQ

PS. Are you the one building the Garfield?

Hello, Margarita! I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. Great you have figured out how to post them. You have beautiful furniture. We have the same glass shower! :D And I like the colors of your Federal! Your cats are very cute too.

My cat Lil follows me every where but if I turn the wrong way I get bit  . I know she loves me but she has a funny way of showing it.

SuzyQ, my cat behaves the same way sometimes. ;)

Margarita, Is Mia a siamese or himalayan? When i was a child we had a lilac point himalayan named Mia. I named him (i`ll get to that) because it said Mia meant Mine in Italian.

Anyway, Mia was bought as a female, very smart, knew name right away. Well, when Mia was at vet to get fixed, they called to say that there was a problem. Mia was a HE not a SHE.

So we had a male cat w/ a female name.

Hi guys, thank you for all the nice things that you had to say about the house. I do appreciate the positive feedback! The house is about 90 percent complete. I have light fixtures to hang yet, staircases to complete, widow's walks and the two story balconies to paint and attatch. I'll have to wait on these things until I buy and install the light fixtures. alot of the furniture (bespaq) will actually be going into my newest project, the Grosvenor Hall. I do have some other stuff to put into the Federal, but will have to acquire the rest over time, definately less expensive stuff or I will never get it decorated. I have slowly been adding to the bespaq collection, which I will only do in one house. Since the Grosvenor is the most expensive kit that i ever plan to buy, and it looks so neat on the outside, I have plans to do it up in georgian and victorian styles and want to do a really nice job on it...so, the nicest furniture goes there.

It is so awesome that soooo many people on this site have cats and love cats. I find that really cool. We have a total of 5, but I need to get some pictures of the other two cats. Wait until you see Dougal! He is QUITE a beautiful guy! By far the nicest, neatest cat I've ever met. He's HUGE!!!! Our cats are Molly, Dougal, Jinx, Mia and Cassie. Molly is about 7 years old I'm guessing (i can't remember), Dougal is about 4 years, Jinx is about 10 months, Mia is about 10 months, Cassie is the baby, she's around 18 weeks or so. She's a real lovey, very affectionate. For the first month that we had her, she made me hold her and carry her around all the time. Now she just does that occassionally, she's too busy being a WILD kitten to have time for that! Mia is a siamese mix. The funny story behind that is: we had been talking about getting a Himilayan at some point, about a week later we decided to add a cat to our family (two in fact if we found kittens). We went to the animal shelter, the cat that was posted on the internet had 3 families in line for it so we gave up on her. We found Jinx, she was sitting in a cage all by herself. She really wanted to come home with us. She is such a sweetheart. We looked at other kittens and couldn't decide amongst the ones there and were about to leave the cat room. The guy brought in a carrier with a mom and two kittens, available for immediate release. he opened up the carrier for us to look in. There was a mommy domestic black longhair, her two kittens, one black kitten and a siamese kitten. Immediately we fell in love with Mia and left the shelter with Mia and Jinx. Mia looks sooo different than when she was a baby. She was painfully thin and light colored. She is now a chub with very dark in coloration. So...I got my "sort of" himilayan....for 45 dollars vs. 500! She is soooo beautiful with her gorgeous colors and blue eyes. She know it too!!! But she's not terribly stuck up. :D So i'll stop writing for now so that I don't shut down the site with my abnormally long post! ;) Margarita p.s. that was a very funny story about the "Male" Mia!!!

LOL Your post isn't incredibly long. When you're talking about cats or minis ... time stands still. Those are two of my favourite subjects.

Ray had thought that Cassie looked very young. My Trinity is 6 years old and is still very affectionate and gentle. She also loves to play. She's the happiest cat I've ever had.

Susanne

LOL Your post isn't incredibly long.  When you're talking about cats or minis ... time stands still.  Those are two of my favourite subjects.

Ray had thought that Cassie looked very young.  My Trinity is 6 years old and is still very affectionate and gentle.  She also loves to play.  She's the happiest cat I've ever had.

Susanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D ;) The pictures of cassie and jinx are at least a month old, they have both gone thru another growth spurt since. I'll take more photos soon! Aren't cats wonderful? They each have such neat personalities!

Aren't cats wonderful? They each have such neat personalities!

Ok since I cannot get motivated to work on the house I have to get in on the cat talk.

As I have mentioned I have 3. Lil , Kiwi & Gizmo.

Lil is the one who follows me aorund the house but I nver know if I am going to get bit.

A year ago she blessed us with just one kitten Kiwi (she's fixed now) The ugliest kitten you have ever seen :D She had her in our Jacuzzi.

This mean ole cat did not know what do do with her own baby. She would plop it in front of our feet at day and plop her in our bed in the middle of the night. As if saying you take care of it. And then all of the sudden this mean ole momma Lil actually turned into a nice cat or so we thought. climbing in our laps wanting all the attention she was so sweet and loving . She was like this for 2 weeks.

After thoses 2 weeks wouldn't you know she rejected the kitten (which we had to bottle feed) and turned back into her mean ole self. Talk about hormone troubles!!!

Kiwi actually turned into a beautiful long hair. Gizmo our other cat is the brother of Lil. (from another litter) He is totally different the sweetest thing you ever saw. He is in my lap at this moment. He rarely stops purring he is so loud.

Can you tell I have had a boring evening?

SuzyQ

Well, when Mia was at vet to get fixed, they called to say that there was a problem. Mia was a HE not a SHE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I was little, my dad brought a cat home for me. We had to take him to the vet. He came back pregnant. No one thought to double check that Pluto was a girl. The vet put her in a kennel with the boys.

Well, when Mia was at vet to get fixed, they called to say that there was a problem. Mia was a HE not a SHE.

Thats so funny !!!

I did a quote

ooo I am trying a double quote

SuzyQ

What a GORGEOUS house.  And you have some really beautiful Bespaq furniture in there, too.  Where did you get the baskets I see throughout the house?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you :blink: The baskets are from various ebay sellers, I have more in different shapes, they are soooo cool! They are Al Chandronnait and they are VERY well made! I can't remember how much i paid for each of them, but some sellers on ebay charge more than other sellers, so i'd do some comparison shopping! The basket i finally got for the stairs (after months of looking) was by far the most expensive basket that i have and was around 25 dollars. That is alot of money, but any others that I have seen are around 35 and up. That is the ONLY basket that i even considered paying such a price for. I want to say that the other baskets start around 8 dollars each to about 16 dollars....not really sure tho since it has been a bit of time since i purchased them. I think the 16 dollar one was like a picnic basket, so there was alot more detailing to it. Anyway, have fun finding them, they are worth the price! Margarita

I am proud to say that I own 13 cats! My eldest being 22 years old and my youngest (whom I also call the twins) are 4 years old. They are all rescue cats and since I have a thing for those gorgeous blue eyes, the majority are Siamese cats. Their names are (in order of which I received them): Simi, Pudie, Lucky, Sylvester, Fluffy, Heidi, Daisy, Claire, Zoe, Tigger Jr., Felix, Snowy and Oliver. Tiggie and Felix are brothers and Snowy and Oliver are brother and sister. As every cat lover will know, they all have very unique personalities.

It is rather interesting to note that the "special needs cats" tend to bond with my hubby while the "no trouble cats" bond with me. It makes you wonder; however, of course my hubby picked me as well so what does that say?

Pudie is and will always be my $10,000 cat (if the price has gone up yet). If something goes wrong, it will usually be him. It also wouldn't suprise me if he would stick his tongue to the screen door and he would be frozen to it. He falls off beds, out of windows, you name it and he is there. He truly is a sweetheart but he can be expensive to maintain. Pudie is one of four redpoint Siamese cats, the others are Claire, Snowy and Oliver.

Katharina

If you go to page one of this thread and click on my webshots link, it's under vintage dollhouses. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No can do. Boycott still under way. Can you put a picture into your post?

Well, out of respect to you and the boycott, i'll try, i can't guarantee that it will work :)

nope, sorry. it didn't work. i'm still new to this posting pictures game, webshots is my big acheivement so far. on my next day off i'll play around and experiment! I know i can do it!