my photos

ilovecats

Thanks Anne!!!! this kit will be cool!!! the siding is probably going to the dump bin, i'll have to see how it paints up (plastic) before i totally turn my nose up at it, but overall the general shape of the house is what i fell in love with! I have to wait to build it tho...two other projects in the works and not enough work space! oooohhhh, also...Andrew is working on the garfield so definately not enough work space, but maybe i'll build it after i finish the heritage!

Anne -

What time is it for you right now?

Susanne

Susanne, sorry for not answering yesterday! I went to bed after writing my last post. :D My computer says it was 01:57 AM when you asked me for the time! :) So definitely bed time for me... :p Today I'm a bit sleepy! :lol:

Ooooo! I like it! I have some of that plastic siding from my skilcraft too. Yellow!

I dont think I am going to use it either.

Hey Doogster, If I can find a box to fit it in, you can have it!

I had an idea for the plastic siding. When you think about it a lot of VERY EXPENSIVE dollhouse kits have milled MDF walls to simulate the siding. MDF is just wood particles and fibres in resin, essentially not a lot different than plastic. It mills well (so does resin, aluminum and brass) because it has no grain. The plastic siding once painted shouldn't look any different to the milled MDF. Unless you don't sand the MDF, then the plastic would lack the fuzzy edges.

I don't want to use it over the whole house, but for limited small areas. I think it would be easier to work with. Marg said she'd give me the siding, and the brickwork for the foundation. And the bricks are going to be heavily worked over. My plan: spray the whole thing concrete gray. Dry brush over the raised areas with (get this) brich red. This should leave the bricks red and the mortar gray. Then, add some white to a batch of the red, and black to another batch. Pick out some random bricks so the whole thing doesn't look too uniform.

Hey Doogster, If I can find a box to fit it in, you can have it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shiny! PM me if you decide to let the siding go. I'll send my address. Greatly appreciated.