Beautiful House on Ebay

MistyStarz

Welcome to the Neighborhood Jeremy Paul!! WOW you have some REAL talent there. If I could afford it I would buy it without thinking twice. It is Amazing how it resembles the real bed and breakfast so wonderfully.

Thanks for joing us here.

Welcome to the forum, Jeremy Paul! Your house is a real masterpiece, it looks so real and beautiful. It looks nearly exactly like the original bed and breakfast, wow! :) Hope you soon will find a buyer who appreciates your wonderful work and who deserves a dollhouse like this one!

If my house sells then it means two things. One, my work is marketable, and two, I have the funds to build another house! :huh: I don't really have the room to store it anyway. As it is it takes up a good portion of the living room in my tiny apartment. I'm still overwhelmed by the response my house is getting on here.

Unfortunately, the photos are already out of date. The roof was glued permanently onto the house last weekend, the turret roof is nearly completely shingled, and the final electrical connections are permanently wired in. I'll try to have some updated photos on here soon!

Welcome to the forum Jeremy! Your house absolutely blows me away! :huh: I can't believe the resemblance to the "real" house. It's amazing!

Can't wait to see updated pictures! Any idea what your next project will be?

I currently have three ideas kind of bouncing around at the moment. One is another queen Ann Victorian with full basement/cellar. Another idea is a modern Neo-Tudor style house, and the last idea is a medival town square surrounded by late 16th century buildings like you might see in Germany. The outside of the buildings would be in the center, and the exposed interiors would be on the outside. It would separate into three 2' x 6' sections for easier transport. It would also include seven or eight shops and roman cobblestone roads going under ancient castle archways. I know, a bit over the top, but I do like a challenge! :)

If those don't sound like good ideas I would like to know. I'm still new to "dollhouse" miniatures and I don't really know what is considered marketable or just plain weird. I'm very much interested in any critiques.

One detail I forgot to mention about the house I'm building now. It was designed to be one of three sections forming one complete house. The final piece would be 4' x 6'. It would allow the kitchen and remaining stairways to be included. That's why the house as it is now has no stairs going to the third floor and only half of the stairs going to the second floor. It is exactly as the house would look like if you cut the front third off of the real house.

I love the idea of a town square! The brief time I subbed to Dolls' House & Miniature Scene they would include patterns & articles for building real Tudor buildings (this is an English publication); I let my subscription lapse when the Fanceys sold the magazine to Warner Group and the house plans stopped :D:):D

Please do, Robin, the more "scratch" builders the merrier!

BTW, how do you get to Tina's from US301?  One of these days I want DH to bring us back from Gainesville that was so we can ride the Jacksonville-Baldwin railtrail.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From I - 10, take I - 75 south. Take the exit at hwy 90. Go east until hwy 90 forks. Stay to the right. That is 100. 100 goes right into Stark. Tina's Dollhouse is on the right before you get into town. If you reach 301 you missed it. The store looks like an old gas station.

Jeremy... No matter what you decide to build next. I have no doubt that it will be a msterpiece. And we call all be a part of watching his dream come true!

Have you thought about little projects to work on and sell? As a way to pay for your next masterpiece?

I can't wait to see the new updated photos of your B&B!!! :blink: I can only dream of ever having such a beautiful house. But since I can't... I continue to drool over yours!! :angry:

The batteries in the digital camera were almost drained and the friend of mine who set up the site made a few typos, but the new images of the McKenzie House B & B are at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minaturereplicagablehouse. I wasn't present when the site was made, but I will try to work on it in the near future. I'm not quite sure how to access it at the moment to be honest. :o Please be patient! The house is being featured at a conference for Florida's Historic Museums tomorrow (2/23/06) here in Gainesville. Who knows, if it doesn't sell it may at least generate customers!

I'll try to get some pictures of my early 13th century castle gate up also. It was my first scratch-built project and is a historically accurate representation of a western European castle. It is made with 20,000 bricks, has 4 working portculis', a real wooden drawbridge with real chains that lift and lower it, and double doors with brass hinges and barrackade bar. I spent 3 months just researching castles and their construction before beginning. It was meant to be section 1 of 9, but I never found a market for it, so it stands alone. A tower keep with full interior was also planned, but houses seem to have a better chance of selling.

the new images of the McKenzie House B & B are at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minaturereplicagablehouse

The house is being featured at a conference for Florida's Historic Museums tomorrow (2/23/06) here in Gainesville.  Who knows, if it doesn't sell it may at least generate customers!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow Jeremy!!! I love the new pictures of your house. It is neat that your friend set up a forum for you. I joined so now I can keep up with the progress of your house and the shows and such that you will take your beautiful B&B to. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just remembered a conversation I had with someone at last year's Ocala dollhouse show. They featured my castle in their miniature newsletter that they publish back in 2004. I guess they took some photos of it at the Ocala show in June of 2004. I never did get a copy of the article or the name of the newsletter, but I sure would like to get my hands on one! I don't have the date for the 2006 Ocala show, but it should be in the Miniature Collector magazine and I hope to be there with the MacKinzie house and the castle. Hope to see everybody there!