Beautiful House on Ebay

MistyStarz

I saw this house on ebay. It is a replica of a Bed & Breakfast in Gainesville, Florida. I was amazed at the craftmanship of this house. It is actually framed!! To much for me, but still the same... beautiful you can see it on the web at http://www.christmasgift.ws/house.htm

or on ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

Or do an ebay search for #5656643359

post-343-1138066435_thumb.jpg

Pretty amazing - that wood frame construction is really something!  Wow!

-David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I told the man that built it. He said he had to frame it to run the wiring through it. He also told me the stained glass windows cost of the stained glass windows. I told him he is working to hard. He can build the same pretty house a cheaper way with fake stained glass windows and hiding the wiring behind the walls. Very nice man and beautiful work. He just works too hard.

Wow, that's a really beautiful house! :D He truly must love the building process!! Me . . . I just wanna get it up so I can decorate and furnish!! :lol: Although I do enjoy putting them together too! :lol:

Hi Robin,

I'm not sure if he works too hard lol but he sure did put a lot of himself (time, effort, detail) into that house. I wish I could build something like that but I just don't have that kind of patience :lol: What a museum piece it would make though! I think if I owned the B&B it was designed after I'd really be trying to figure out a way to buy it.

I did though just pick up a box of stained glass pieces to try making a miniature stained glass window for my Van Buren - Not sure how small I can cut the stuff but I've got a friend who's promised to show me how to work with it :lol: I've read the books, just never tried it.

-David

That house is beautiful.

I think it looks unfinished too. It is a good idea not to finish it completely though. It would give the buyer a chance to add their own personal touch.

I see he didn't sell it though.

It looks like it's unfinished, is there any reason for that? Is it supporsed to be that way, or is it just unfinished?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it is unfinished. He said he could not afford, this is a quote form the emial he sent me. "I don't have the $1,200 needed to complete it yet. The 10 stained glass windows needed are about $45 per window and The porch hand rails need to be spun on a lathe. Hopefully it will sell and I can begin another one but I am still new to the subject."

He really seems like a wonderful man that has more tallent then he thinks he has. I feel very honored to be corresponding with him. BTW the builder of the house is Jeremy Paul.

I see he didn't sell it though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he is in the wrong place to sell it. I think he should take it to a place that sells custom dollhouses, or something. Any ideas you might have on where or how to sell it would be very helpful to him. This is his first dollhouse that he has ever made!!!!

I wish I could build something like that but I just don't have that kind of patience  :angry:  What a museum piece it would make though! I think if I owned the B&B it was designed after I'd really be trying to figure out a way to buy it. 

-David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi David,

I just can't beleive this is his first house!!!

The Bed and Breakfast wasn't interested in buying it. Although they were very helpful, in letting him take pictues of all the rooms and make measurements.

You can see the website for the B&B at http://www.sweetwaterinn.com/

In this attached picture the top shows the real B&B and the bottom half is Jeremy Pauls dollhouse he built

post-343-1138322417_thumb.jpg

I think maybe my husband and I saw this guy in Stark FL at a dollhouse store.  Tina's Dollhouses.  He said he was building a house the stick built way and was modeling it after a house he liked.  Who knows,...maybe it was him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might have. Since that is where he lives.

Jeremy Paul the man that built this beautiful house had some wonderful news yesterday. The company that makes the wood that he used to build the house contacted him and they want to feature the house on their website!

I think this is just awesome!! He really doesn't know his tallent!! I think I should invite him to join our forum so he can learn from others and we can learn from him as well!

This house is AMAZING B) !!! This guy has Awesome talent :) . I bet he is thrilled to be featured in a magazine too. I am shocked the bed and breakfast did not wish to buy it :angry: . That would be cool to display in a reception area huh?

You would think that if the Bed and Breakfast hadn't wanted to buy this dollhouse replica, that at least they would have wanted to display it and try and sell it for him. Somebody staying at the B&B might have wanted to purchase the replica.

Susanne

I think I should invite him to join our forum so he can learn from others and we can learn from him as well!

Please do, Robin, the more "scratch" builders the merrier!

BTW, how do you get to Tina's from US301? One of these days I want DH to bring us back from Gainesville that was so we can ride the Jacksonville-Baldwin railtrail.

Hi,

I just got an email from Jeremy. He is looking forward to joining the group. I gave him info on how to join.

I think it is great! We can learn how to build houses like his and He can learn how to build kit built houses like most of us have :)

You might be able to offer him ideas on how to sell his B&B house, so he can get started on a new one. Coarse I wish it was me buying his first B&B house B)

I will try to answer all of the questions that I have read here regarding my scratch-built B&B, but if I leave any out please don't take offense.

First, I believe the details are what makes a good miniature stand out so I chose to build the house the way a real house is built. The framing is actually quite easy with a jig to work from and takes very little time. It also makes soldering the wiring easier since I have access from the exterior before siding is installed. Also, if there was a motorcycle outside of Tina's dollhouse, then yes, it was me!

The house isn't finished due to the expense involved. Using real materials makes it look and feel more realistic, and more expensive. I will try to find the information for the stained glass window maker from Melbourne, FL. Her work is unbelievable, and I did decide early on to make the house from real materials, thus the 6500 hand-laid bricks, tiled floor, etc. It just looks better.

The owners of the B&B do want to host the reception of the finished house in their banquet hall attached to the real house and offered to do it on their tab, so there is hope of finding a local venue or buyer. The manager was eager to buy it, but her mother is the owner and controls the budget. She only offered $1,500 for it. One last thing, if I'm in a magazine then this is the first that I've heard of it! Which magazine?

Jeremy Paul

Welcome Jeremy Paul. Yes, that was you that my husband and I saw in Stark. I think you were just beginning on the house, you showed us a few pics I think. You are so TALENTED, the house is just beautiful. I forgot who mentioned that your work would be in a magazine. Wow, I really think you can go far with this. You should somehow make a website that when people search for a bed and breakfast yours would pop up. So you are going to finish it compeletly?? I wish you the best of luck in selling it. I bet you will be famous one day!!

Welcome to the forum, Jeremy, I have Dorie Krusz's book Building Miniature Dollhouses & Furniture & she used a stick-built technique that fascinated me, so don't be surprised that I'll want to pick your brain later. I haven't found Tina's in Starke yet, I'm so glad there's a shop a little closer than Ron's :)

I live NW of Tallahassee.