My Orchid, a bit of a challenge

This kit was a so called new in the box Ebay special. It certainly looked as it had never been opened, so I do not blame the seller, she got it from someone else, and also beleived, it had not been opened. However, when I opened the box, the windows had been painted pink, and glued together, they were smeared in both, almost a travesty to clean. They are still not perfect, and I'm hoping to get them better. The bay roof was missing, and the sheet it came out of wasn't even there, so I made peices from scraps to look as close to the pictures of the side as I could make it. The front window casings were glued on upside down, to the still in the sheet front wall, so I made all the outside windows the same way, as the glue was unmoveable, even heat couldn't budge this glue! Good stuff, whatever it is. I plan to camouflage the error with window boxes. I was also missing the actual cassings for the top dormers, but was able to trace those out of the scraps. The porch rails were too short, don't know if they were cut, or come that way. This little house was a challenge, but I'm liking how it's coming along. Then my old camera kills batteries after 2 pics, even bought a new set of rechargeables and charger. It's also messing up the colors. I got a new cam for my birthday, but this one takes picks too big, and no matter how I read the book, and downsize, it's a no-go. So I'm back to the old cam, and that's why it took so long to get a pic on here. O.K SO HERE'S A PIC OF WHERE IT AT!

How disappointing to find that your 'new' project was actually a rehab! But it looks like you're up to the challenge! :)

If you have access to MS Paint or something similar you should be able to resize the photos once you import them from your camera. Or sometimes the little camera applications (Kodak Easyshare or iPhoto will handle photos from any camera) will export photos for you at a size of your choosing. :)

You have done a remarkable job on this rehab! Great job! Love the colors, and it certainly is full of furniture to bursting! But it is a very charming and cozy looking house! Great job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...