Northern England

evervescent

I live just on the outskirts of Manchester. The city centre has some beautiful buildings but it's a shame alot of them are gone now.There used to be a lovely row of georgian buildings but they were demolished last year. I think Manchester wants to look more cosmopolitan. After the bomb in 1996 alot of architechture was lost which was a shame. I don't know if you visited the Triangle in the city centre but that used to be an amazing building before the bomb. They completely gutted it and modernised the interior, I think it is such a shame that they didn't try to restore the building to its original state. Stockport has some great buildings too I will have to get some pics.

So how did you find Manchester? Did you have a good time? Thanks for the pics!:huh:

OOOh, lucky you!! What beautiful photos! With my fear of flying, I doubt I will ever again get much farther than my own backyard :huh: , but if I could muster the courage, England would be one of the places I would LOVE to see...so much history.

Thanks so much for sharing your pic's with us - they are lovely and I'm sure you must have had a wonderful time!

Chris